1. Stop stressing about your career, because there’s no telling what could happen in the next five minutes, let alone the next five years.
2. Your real friends won’t be annoyed if you call them up when you need somebody to talk to.
3. Even if you feel like the world is about to end, that feeling will go away in a few days (or in just a few hours).
4. Even if everyone around you looks calm and collected, they could be suffering as much as you are on the inside.
5. You’re too pretty to wear such an ugly frown.
6. If a certain person triggers your anxiety, you have every right to cut them out of your life.
7. Even famous celebrities, who have to walk red carpets and attend live interviews, have anxiety.
8. You never consider yourself a success after you do one thing right, so don’t consider yourself a failure after you do one thing wrong.
9. Drinking might make you feel more relaxed in the moment, but it’ll give you a killer hangover in the morning.
10. If social media is bringing you down, you can always delete your accounts.
11. It’s not your fault that you have anxiety, so stop blaming yourself for being an “outcast.”
12. No one cares about your anxiety, or even notices it, as much as you think they do.
13. Your emotions are valid, even if you feel like you’re overreacting.
14. If your leg was damaged, you would visit a doctor, so if your mind feels damaged, you should visit a therapist.
15. There’s no reason to dwell on bad memories when there are so many good memories you can fill your mind with.
16. Don’t get offended when others call you “shy” or “quiet,” because they don’t mean it as an insult.
17. Stop thinking about what went wrong in the past, because the future isn’t going to mimic it.
18. It doesn’t matter what strangers think of you, because you’ll probably never see them again.
19. Today might be the worst day of your life, but tomorrow might be the best day of your life.
20. A boyfriend could hold you while you cry and wipe away your tears, but he wouldn’t be able to make your anxiety go away.
21. Hardly anyone witnessed that super embarrassing moment that made you blush, and even if they did, they’ll forget about it in an hour.
22. Your mind and body might torture you at times, but you should be thankful for them, because they’re what’s keeping you alive.
23. You’re a lot nastier to yourself than anyone else is ever going to be to your face (or behind your back).
24. You’re in complete control of your thoughts, so don’t let your anxiety win.
25. You might not be as successful as you want to be yet, but you are successful.
26. Once you declutter your apartment, it’ll be easier for you to declutter your mind.
27. Some people won’t understand what you’re going through, but you shouldn’t take their ignorance to heart.
28. You don’t have to be a social butterfly in order to find close friends that love you.
29. You’ve dealt with anxious thoughts before and survived, and you can do it again.
30. The big moments in your life are meaningless to other people, so you shouldn’t stress out about them too much.
31. If you ever feel uncomfortable in a social situation, there’s always a bathroom nearby that you can hide in until you soothe yourself.
32. Most of the stuff you’re stressing over isn’t even going to happen.
33. If human beings are bringing you down, a little time with a puppy or kitten should cheer you right up.
34. The type of food you eat and amount of sleep you get can impact your anxiety, so choose the healthiest path.
35. Remember that your grades could be worse; your looks could be worse; your life could be worse.
36. If you don’t want to spill all of your secrets to a family member, you could always post your feelings on Tumblr.
37. Bring your iPod with you wherever you go, so you can let your favorite music soothe you when you’re surrounded by strangers on the bus or train.
38. You make money to spend money, so don’t hesitate to treat yourself every once in a while.
39. Don’t let your brain trick you into thinking you’re ugly or boring or worthless, because that’s far from the truth.
40. You have to be patient, because a little bit of progress is better than no progress at all.
41. You can’t control every aspect of your life, so sometimes all you can do is sit back and watch it unfold.
42. The right person for you will always love you, no matter how many sleepless nights and panic attacks you have.
43. Worrying about the future isn’t going to change it.
44. The number of likes you get on Instagram and the number of compliments you get at the bar doesn’t determine your value.
45. Instead of thinking about the worst case scenario, start thinking about the best case scenario.
46. Life isn’t always as cruel as you expect it to be.
47. It’s okay to escape with a book or to turn on Netflix to forget about your problems for a while.
48. Every single person on this planet has made just as many mistakes as you have.
49. Your anxiety doesn’t define you.
50. Everyone in your life wants you to be happy, but you’re the only person that can actually make that happen.