1. My gentle heart. I’d give it for anyone, and you’d be lucky to be loved by a heart like mine.
2. My soft spirit. Don’t take advantage of my softness, and don’t ask me to “overcome” it as if it was something I needed to.
3. My quiet demeanor. Don’t take it lightly that I keep to myself more often than not. I listen more than you know.
4. The people I love. I will never lose sight of the people I loved before you. They were there to wipe my tears before I ever knew your name, and I will chose them every time.
5. All of the things that make me, me. You fell in love with me for everything, and least, that’s what you always told me.
6. My self-care. At the end of the day, what’s most important to me is that I take care of myself first. In my heart, I’m learning to call myself the most important thing. I need you to support that.
7. The inner love I’ve worked so hard for. I need you to understand how far I’ve come. I need you to be my cheerleader when I need it.
8. My standards. Before you, I had none. I settled for the least of good men, and it’s not that you aren’t good, it’s that I need to hold myself high too.
9. My past. It’s my reminder of how far I’ve come. It’s how I tell myself everyday that I have the strength to keep going.
10. My hope for the future. I have so much hope for who I am going to be in the future. That doesn’t mean I’m shutting you out, it just means that I still matter too.
11. The hardships I’ve endured. I’ll never forget what I’ve been through. It’s part of what makes me, me, and I can’t forget that.
12. The things that made my stronger than what I’ve faced. They are the pieces of myself that I rely on when everything else falls apart. It’s how I cope. It’s important to me, and it always will be.
13. My loud mind. I have very loud thoughts and opinions, and if that’s something you can’t handle, it’s not meant to be.
14. My dignity. I have too much of it to give away.