1. He tells you how he feels about you. He doesn’t want to leave you guessing because he cares about you feeling secure in the relationship.
2. He celebrates your accomplishments. He isn’t jealous or intimidated to be with someone who has something going for her.
3. He keeps his apartment clean because he’s too old to live in filth and has a high standard for the kind of life he wants to live.
4. He trusts you. His demonstrations of love are not dependent on being possessive or jealous.
5. He doesn’t raise his voice just because he’s angry. He’s able to be calm and reasonable in conflict.
6. He talks about you to his friends and family, he is proud to be with you.
7. He has goals for the future and works towards them. Wherever he is now, he has a plan for what he can do next to create the kind of life he wants.
8. He brings things up to you instead of avoiding conflict, he trusts you to handle tough conversations and earnestly cares about you two having a healthy relationship.
9. He makes you feel like you are enough. He doesn’t lament your shortcomings, compare you to his exes, or go on about how his life would be better if it weren’t for your flaws.
10. He makes sure you orgasm in bed. He doesn’t put pressure on you if it takes a long time, but is genuine and inquisitive about how he can make sure you have an awesome experience.
11. He apologizes when he’s wrong. He doesn’t make excuses and he owns up to his mistakes.
12. He treats service people with respect. He says “please” and “thank you” and doesn’t treat people as if they are less than him.
13. He can cook for himself and isn’t looking for a relationship because he’s lonely or needs a mother-surrogate.
14. He shows up on time. When he says he will be somewhere, he keeps his word.
15. He puts down his phone when you are talking to him. He wants to listen to you, not be distracted.
16. He sticks up for you. If someone says something bad about you, he defends you. Even if you’re the one being self-deprecating, he supports you. You know that he’s always got your back.