When it comes to #RelationshipGoals, a lot of people think about unattainable grand gestures and things that don’t seem realistic. You see photos on Instagram of girls coming home to thousands of red roses, or a surprise vacation around the world, but to us — that isn’t our definition of what it means to be in a relationship that truly inspires us. So, here are 33 relationship goals that we hope to experience one day when we find someone who loves us the way we have always dreamed of being loved.
1. Teaching him how to paint your nails so you don’t have to leave bed to get a pedicure. Mainly just never leaving bed for anything.
2. Showering together so you can wash all your favorite parts of each other.
3. Spending an entire road trip cramped in the back of someone’s car, and not caring because you get to be together.
4. Wearing complimentary outfits. Collecting clothes and decor with your nickname. Having your nickname for each other be ‘King’ and ‘Queen.’
5. Working out together, just so you can kiss in cute positions.
6. Being so in love you don’t want to stop hugging them even when they’re brushing their teeth.
7. Surprising and spoiling each other by filling an entire room with something they love.
8. Holding hands constantly, even when your relationship isn’t new. Touching each other while doing every day things like watching a movie.
9. Caring so much about the other person you want to show them how much you love them, even if your methods aren’t practical.
10. Being so inspired by your love that you write songs about each other.
11. Sleeping in the back of your SVU while going on road trips and adventures together.
12. Not even caring how you look when you take silly couple selfies together because you both always look so happy.
13. Making their work time sexy, because you hate that they leave you for 8 hours every day.
14. Always remembering to plan fancy dates and never letting the fire die because you ‘got busy.’
15. Taking baths together.
16. Getting matching Christmas pajamas and using them to make your Christmas card.
17. Always having ‘that look’ on your face when they hold you close and kiss you.
18. Putting sunscreen on each other when you’re at the beach.
19. Tying each other’s shoelaces.
20. Taking silly photos wherever you go and talking about how these are the pictures your grandkids will look at one day and realize how in love you were.
21. Always touching each other while driving somewhere.
22. Matching underwear.
23. Picking each other up at the airport and running into each other’s arms like you’re little kids again.
24. Having weekends where you ban each other from leaving the bedroom and just hang out and cuddle the whole time.
25. Getting your love for each other tattooed on your body forever.
26. This wallpaper:
27. Spending lazy Saturdays making breakfast together.
28. Creating an extensive collection of “just for you” photos from all the special moments you have together.
29. Drinking in bed.
30. Raising a dog together and treating it like it’s your baby.
31. Hanging out in your underwear at home, no matter what time of day it is.
32. Helping each other stay in shape, the fun way.
33. Always being the couple who reminds each other exactly how lucky you are to be in each other’s lives.
30 Honest Relationship Goals That Are Exactly What We All Secretly Want In Love
1. Somebody who gets super excited to nap with you.
2. Somebody who can read the difference between your grunts that mean “I’m fine I just don’t feel like talking” and your grunts that mean “I’m struggling with something but I’m too stubborn to admit that I need to talk about it.”
3. Somebody who can, and will, quote Disney Channel Original Movies with you.
4. Somebody who will eat pizza with you for breakfast.
5. Somebody who always laughs with you, specifically in the moments when you are absolutely. not. supposed. to. be. laughing. because. this. is. serious.
6. Somebody who will remind you not to forget your leftovers at the restaurant, because they have their damn priorities straight.
7. Somebody who won’t judge you when you’ve had a tiring week and you consequently spend all of Saturday laying in your bed like a lard.
8. Somebody who will use a pet name like “Tina you fat lard” rather than “honey” or “sweetie pie.”
9. Somebody who considers ‘cereal’ an acceptable choice for dinner.
10. Somebody who will still love you even after you order onions on your burger and you smell bad afterwards.
11. Somebody who will build a fort with you on a Saturday afternoon.
12. Somebody who gets super punch-drunk and goofy with you when your’e really tired.
13. Somebody who is the Jim to your Pam or the Pam to your Jim.
14. Somebody who says “one more” after you’ve already binge watched six hours of a tv show.
15. Somebody who puts the cap back on the toothpaste so that you don’t have to break up with them.
16. Somebody who feels the same way you do about the Oxford comma.
17. Somebody who wouldn’t be weirded out if you walked by a pet store and then decided it was absolutely necessary to go inside and hold the puppies immediately.
18. Somebody who will tell you that you’re a weirdo and will say it like it’s the best compliment they could ever give anyone.
19. Somebody who won’t murder you after you hit ‘snooze’ on your alarm eight times.
20. Somebody who will say “Oh my God I’ve totally wondered the same thing” when you share one of your strangest, most bizarre thoughts with them.
21. Somebody who will put sunscreen on your back even though it’s the worst.
22. Somebody who will not shame you for watching Bachelor in Paradise.
23. Somebody who will watch Bachelor in Paradise WITH you while drinking an $8 bottle of wine from Walgreens.
24. Somebody who is all about doing breakfast for dinner together.
25. Somebody who has your favorite takeout order memorized, down to the number of ketchup packets required.
26. Somebody who knows exactly how many minutes it will take before you’ll be ready to speak in the morning.
27. Somebody who will only kind of judge you when you text them from the other room but who will also respect it because, lazy.
28. Somebody who will grab two spoons and eat something, anything, right out of the jar/carton/box with you.
29. Somebody who has your hangover cure down to a science.
30. Somebody who tells you that there’s nothing sexier than your elastic waistband sweatpants. Because at the end of the day, that’s the dream.