1. Be compelling.
2. Take everything that anyone else might call a fault and find the silver lining.
3. Be obnoxiously stubborn, to the point where you refuse to listen to anyone at all — least of all yourself,because most often than not, you’ll be the first to talk yourself down from the ledge when jumping will help you grow.
4. Learn how to leap before you look.
5. Live in a city where the unsaid motto reads, “you don’t work, you don’t eat,” and then back yourself into that corner.
6. Forget how to be scared.
7. Command respect by being respectful.
8. Fuck being polite when people won’t listen. Make them listen.
9. Multitask, multitask, multitask.
10. Know when you can delegate some of your work to other people…
11. But always save the hardest work for yourself. Never forget that you are your own foundation and the bottom rung of your own ladder, and because there is nowhere to go but up from there, that’s often the most positive place to be.
12. Learn to feed off of the endorphin rush and the thrill that comes with taking a chance.
13. Remember that you cannot survive on chance alone, because you cannot survive when you are alone.
14. Surround yourself with people who want their own things just as badly as you want yours. Cheer them on.
15. Be obnoxious about cheering them on, but be genuine.
16. Don’t be afraid of mud, of sweat, of hard work, of getting scrappy, of holding your own in a fight or two, and of getting dirt under your fingernails.
17. Reward yourself with a manicure every now and then.
18. Constantly get distracted by shiny things, and weave these shiny new goals into your current plan.
19. Show up for practice, and then practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice.
20. Talk about the things you’re working on, but work on more things than you have time to talk about them.
21. If you fail 98 out of 100 times, that means you had two good ideas and 98 lessons. Always remember that you did not actually fail because you at least tried.
22. Remember that risking is its own reward.
23. Remember that there is always something else to want.
24. Don’t be ashamed by wanting more.
25. Don’t take enough for an answer.
26. Don’t cue your own level of self-worth from other people’s perceptions and opinions and views and ideals.
27. Practice some more.
28. Remember where you came from.
29. Remember the people who helped you get where you are. Be grateful for them.
30. Be grateful for yourself.