1. Picking up litter goes a long way.
2. Always say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ to people working in the service industry.
3. Keep secrets. It doesn’t matter how close you are to someone, just keep it.
4. Find a cause you care about and donate your time and/or money to it.
5. Hold the elevator open for strangers without getting haughty.
6. Be present at all times — at your job, when you’re out socializing, at the gym, etc.
7. Consider other’s opinions first before you react and say something you may regret.
8. Be kind to those you know need it most.
9. Surround yourself with people who will make you grow.
10. Honesty is always appreciated.
11. It takes strength to be vulnerable. Not everyone wants to hurt you.
12. Smile at babies.
13. Smile at seniors.
14. Never stop wanting to learn or try new things.
15. Put your phone down more.
16. Be genuinely happy for your friends when they are successful.
17. Learn to say no when you want to say no.
18. Realize the importance of being true to yourself, whatever form that may be.
19. Read more books. Smell them too.
20. Call your parents more.
21. Learn to be alone and content for long periods of time.
22. Randomly surprise your friends by telling them how much they mean to you.
23. Stop judging others for having lifestyles you might not agree with.
24. Be punctual. You will be respected for it.
25. Compliment strangers in line at Starbucks. You’ll make their day a little brighter.
26. Stay aware of current events while keeping your sanity.
27. Put effort into your appearance for you and yourself only, not to please anyone else.
28. Keep your promises. If you say you’ll help someone move, actually help them move when they ask you to.
29. Check in with loved ones if you haven’t heard from them in a while.
30. Declutter your home.
31. Have breakfast every day like it’s your last brunch.
32. Understand the weight of words and how tarnishing they can be if used carelessly.
33. Offer to help friends who are dealing with transitions in their life — a new career, getting married, etc.
34. Never underestimate the little accomplishments in life.
35. Give completely without expecting anything back.
36. Do everything in your life wholeheartedly, leaving no room for apathy.
37. Find ways to serve your community and follow through.
38. Don’t waste your energy on those who don’t deserve it.
39. It’s ok to be weird. It’s ok to be different.
40. Admit when you’ve made mistakes and don’t blame others for them.
41. Be mindful of your expenses and financial health.
42. Your past does not define you.
43. Once you forgive someone, truly forgive them and move on.
44. Always make room in your heart for new experiences and people.
45. Don’t live in fear of what others think of you.
46. Dare to ask questions.
47. There is more to life than partying your 20s away, although that can be done in healthy increments.
48. Self-awareness is key.
49. Change is almost always a good thing. If a change doesn’t feel that way, you can turn it into one by staying positive.
50. Joy can always come after suffering. Allow it to.
51. If someone bothers you, it’s probably because you see a part of yourself in them you don’t like.
52. Living a stagnant life will never fulfill you.
53. Exercise for your long-term health, not to fit into a number.
54. Don’t measure your worth by a person.
55. See all humans as equals and don’t treat anyone as inferior.
56. Learn to let go of toxic people in your life.
57. Embrace negative emotions, knowing they too will pass.
58. You are one of billions on this planet, but it doesn’t mean you can’t make a difference.
59. There is beauty in being alive.
60. Always choose love.