1. I will never be the one who can ultimately tear away all the emotional pain you endure on a day-to-day basis. As much as I try to encourage you that things will be different and will get better, I know that I am not the person who can uplift your spirits.
2. I will never be the one who makes you feel proudest to wake up next to every morning. I know you wish there were someone else who made you feel more alive next to you every morning.
3. I will never be your inspiration. I am unable to drive to creativity. Despite my positivity towards your achievements, I never seem to be able to help you feel capable and accomplished.
4. I will never be the one you speak highly of. Sure, your friends know me and are fond of me, and they’d also love to see us end up together. But, as you continue to introduce me and describe me, I’ve noticed through the facets of your eyes and your portrayal of me through your words, I will always be mediocre to you.
5. I will never be the one you can be honest with. You will always play games with me, and you will always make me feel like I’m not worth your time. And maybe I’m not, but I wish you had never toyed with my heart and made me think otherwise.
6. I will never be the one who continues to betray friends and family to gain your admiration. For a long time I respected your belief on keeping things private from those closest to me. But, I realized that all of that hiding only backfired. I can’t keep lying to the ones I love. If you truly cared about me, you wouldn’t make me do that and watch the ones who once supported me walk away.
7. I will never be your home, not the kind of home that you live in, but the one you can’t imagine living without. The type where you would feel empty and lost if ever gone. I will never make you feel happy to be sharing the best and worst moments of your life with. They say that home is where the heart is and I wish I could be the person you’d be glad to make lasting memories with.
8. I will never be the one who puts everything aside to please you. I have goals and dreams that I want to accomplish. Your needs are important, but I must focus on my own happiness and myself as well. A relationship is a two way street and if we both are not happy or not reaching our dreams, then it will never work out.
9. I will never be the one who continuously throws every opportunity away for someone who will never reciprocate or show appreciation. I have lost too much and learned that you can’t force someone to love you.
10. I will never be your soul mate. I have come to accept that I am just a phase in your life, and as much as I wish things could have been different, I know they never will be. It is the worst feeling to want to be everything to someone, when you know in the bottom of your heart, you aren’t. I need to be strong and finally let you go.