Roughly, I’ve ordered these from least disturbing and just atmospherically eerie to completely upsetting and borderline panic inducing with a couple of breaks to catch your breath. LIGHTS OFF.
1. Hurricane Ike Creates A Musical Hellscape
2. Over 100 Numbers Station Recordings
3. An Actual Recording Of A “Death Rattle”
Recorded for educational purposes.
4. Radio Wave Emissions From Jupiter
5. And Neptune
6. This 911 Call After A Chimpanzee Attack (NSFL)
7. The Russian Borehole To Hell
Absolutely fake but still pretty unnerving.
8. The Area 51 Employee Call
This happened live on the radio in 1997.
9. Last Transmission Of A Female Cosmonaut
This is what happens when you recruit a mental patient and murderer to be the lead vocalist for your album so you can get the rawest emotion possible.
11. An Alleged Demonic Cry
12. An EVP Recording Of A Spirit Swearing Murder
Taken in Madrid in the 1980s, the voice is in Spanish but in English the voice is saying “”Jose, I’ve got you, I will kill you! I will kill you!!!” Allegedly a man lived in the house named Jose who died a short time later
13. Pigs Being Buried Alive In South Korea (Proceed With Caution)
This was in response to hoof and mouth disease fears but the fact that no one could be bothered to kill the pigs first…well, it’s upsetting. I’d suggest not listening or watching if you have any doubts.
15. This Reading Of A Francis E. Deq Rant
Deq was a notorious conspiracy theorist and a clearly insane person. Here one of his written rants is read aloud. You can read more about him here.
16. Exorcism Of Anneliese Michel
This is an actual exorcism recorded by the priests engaged in it. Exorcisms were essentially banned not long afterward.
17. The Enfield Poltergeist
From the description:
The “Enfield Poltergeist” was one of the most carefully investigated poltergeist cases of the last century. For more than a year the psychical researcher Maurice Grosse recorded hundreds of hours of interviews and apparent possession voices from the children at the epicentre of the activity. Janet in particular sometimes maintained the masculin sounding voice for hours at a time without any damage to her vocal cords and a speech specialist declared that what she was doing was not possible using her normal physical organs. When speaking she was “Bill” who had died in the house.