1. She’s confident because she’s knows how to get by on her own. Despite her ability to be self-sufficient, she’s choosing to have a romantic partner. Which makes your relationship a far more functional since it’s something she wants, rather than relies upon to survive.
2. She’ll teach you a few things that you never knew. She’s picked up a bunch of unique interests because she goes after what speaks to her, instead of letting people make decisions for her.
3. She hates being waited on. While she’ll appreciate you opening doors for her, picking up the bill at dinner and buying her flowers, she’s very capable of operating on her own.
4. You’ll be floored by her ability to multi-task and handle complicated situations before you even know about them. She’ll rarely be whining about her troubles – she’s a solve-it girl and rarely sits to dwell about a problem. She’d rather take action to fix it.
5. While you’re cute and sweet and have your own unique, lovable qualities, she doesn’t need a Prince Charming to rescue her. She’s been happy on her own for some time and is looking for someone to enhance her lifestyle. She’ll fall head over heels for you, but in a way that doesn’t make you feel smothered. Being in love with you means that you’ve been able to respect her independent nature.
6. Alone time is something she enjoys. She’s not one of those people who always has to be doing something or have company. She finds occasional, solitary self-exploration of the world around her essential to maintaining her identity. On the nights you’re out with your friends, she’s perfectly content to do her own thing.
7. Insecurity has never been her weakness. You won’t find her constantly texting your or expecting you to check in on her when you’re out. She’s got a great meter for understanding when someone is into her or not. If she’s comfortable, she won’t need to babysit your relationship. If she’s not comfortable, she’ll address it or move on. This leads us to #8.
8. She’ll call you out on your bullshit. For better or for worse – she’s not afraid to tell it like it is. She challenges you to be a better person.
9. She doesn’t need an audience to make a decision. She’ll seek your input and hash it out with you, but ultimately, she’s quite comfortable with her choices and once she makes them, she rarely looks back.
10. She’s got #Goals other than getting her MRS.
11. She can stand on her own two feet. Financially, emotionally and thankfully, physically. She’s always had the sense to work towards being able to support herself.
12. She wants to take over the world, but be adored doing so. She’s strong enough to accept your love, but she will always be her own person.
13. When she’s messed up, she’ll apologize. When you’ve messed up, you better apologize. She’ll forgive you. She doesn’t see a point in making you repay for your mistakes repeatedly.
14. She’ll be a great role model for your future children, especially your daughters. She’s fiercely opinionated on basic feministic views, but doesn’t need to shove it down your throat at every opportunity. She’s been brought up in a world where her independence has guided her to take on new ventures, has enabled her to embrace new people and situations and tackle adversity head on.
15. She’s not one that you can ever truly walk away from. Once you get to know her and see just how strong she is, you’ll find yourself drawn to learning more and more about her. This feeling will never really go away once you realize that you can truly be yourself and stop worrying about needing to function for two at all times. You’ve found a true partner who is her own person. There’s no better combination than that.