(March 21st to April 19th)
1. Focusing on making decisions in a way that is patient, logical, and well thought-out.
2. Learning how to discover adventure right where you are, rather than feeling like you always need to discover it elsewhere.
3. Figuring out how to work smarter instead of just faster.
(April 20th to May 21st)
1. Accepting that in order to achieve your dreams and goals, you have to be willing to step outside your comfort zone.
2. Focusing on being a friend who’s patient, warm, and reliable – rather than worrying about the number of friends you have.
3. Understanding that jealousy tends to be an unavoidable aspect of human nature, but that you don’t have to let it control your life.
(May 22nd to June 21st)
1. Concentrating on being yourself instead of being who you think people want you to be.
2. Prioritizing joy, learning, and good people in your life – rather than prioritizing those things that make you constantly anxious and upset (bad friends, catty social groups, toxic work environments, etc).
3. Not worrying about trying to seem perfect and put-together, so that instead you have time and space to talk about your struggles with people who care about you.
(June 22nd to July 22nd)
1. Being careful with (and attentive to) your heart, but not being overly cautious or frantic with it.
2. Learning how to tell the difference between things you should let go of, and things that are truly worth fighting for.
3. Accepting that you can’t control other people’s emotions, only your own.
(July 23rd to August 22nd)
1. Maintaining the type of mindset that looks at the world as if you have something to learn from every person you meet.
2. Ensuring that you always have room, and time, in your life to pursue the creative endeavors that you are truly passionate about.
3.Becoming okay with the fact that ideas aren’t always supposed to be yours, and that you will become a better, smarter, and more successful person when you learn to open your mind up to other people’s energies and ideas.
(August 23rd to September 22nd)
1. Working every day to become conscious of your negative self-talk, so that you can stop it and quell it every time you hear it coming out.
2. Understanding that keeping your anxieties to yourself is a waste of time and energy, and that there are so many loved ones out there who would be willing to help or to lend a listening ear, if only you’d let them.
3. Making it a habit to actively look for reasons to be proud of yourself, so that it eventually starts to become a natural way of thinking.
(September 23rd to October 22nd)
1. No longer worrying about pleasing everybody.
2. Making decisions for yourself and not asking for anybody’s approval beforehand.
3. Being unapologetic about the choices you make and the life you lead, so that you can spend your time being your charming and influencing self, instead of wasting your energy worrying about everybody else’s opinion.
(October 23rd to November 22nd)
1. Remembering how many people there are in your life that you can lean on and trust, instead of trying to solve all of your problems yourself without any help, encouragement, or support.
2. Not apologizing for your passions or your ideas, but also accepting and being at peace with the fact that not everyone will agree with you.
3. Learning how to feel happy for your friends when they’ve experienced success, instead of convincing yourself that you need to feel competitive with them.
(November 23rd to December 21st)
1. Finally making things happen for yourself, instead of just sitting back and ‘being hopeful.’
2. Understanding that being the light, funny, and optimistic friend doesn’t mean you can’t also have your bad days in which you have to lean on a loved one.
3. Furthering your education in even the smallest ways – reading articles from an unfamiliar publication, journaling, trying to make more time in your life to read books, taking a night class, etc.
(December 22nd to January 20th)
1. Understanding that being practical and logical does not mean the same thing as being fatalistic or pessimistic.
2. Giving yourself permission to be silly with the friends who make you happy and give you back some much-needed energy.
3. Being patient with your goals, and understanding that you are not trying to climb a mountain in one day, you are just trying to move forward a little bit, every single moment.
(January 21st to February 18th)
1. Hanging around with kind, intelligent, and curious people – even if their interests or opinions or passions are very different from your own.
2. Forcing yourself to trust the people who have actually earned your trust.
3. Letting yourself feel excited and exhilarated and brightened by the things you care about, instead of trying to keep your passion contained and trapped within you.
(February 19th to March 20th)
1. Not letting other people tell you how you should feel about something, and instead making that decision for yourself.
2. Putting an effort towards making things actively happen in your life, instead of just living inside of your own imagination all the time.
3. Feeling proud of your compassion and your sensitivity, instead of looking at these qualities as things you should be embarrassed by.