If you have goals and dreams you aspire to reach and complete, they will require a significant amount of your time, focus, and a nice amount of sacrifice too. You and many others may want to achieve certain goals and dreams but are distracted and deterred by things you really don’t have time for. Distractions can come in all kinds of forms, shapes, and sizes, and if you’re not careful, they can easily wreck everything you’re working fiercely and tirelessly to achieve. And if you’re someone who’s goal-oriented and serious about accomplishing your goals and dreams, you don’t have time for anyone or anything that’s going to weigh you down. Stay focused and be intentional. If you can identify what you need to avoid, you’ll be well on your way to checking the boxes off for every attainable goal and dream you’re serious about taking on. And if you’re going to keep pressing forward, you don’t have time for the following:
1. Minding other people’s business. It’s just much better to mind your own. You don’t have time to get consumed in other people’s business when your energy should be going towards what it will take for you to be successful.
2. Overthinking. It will rob you of your peace and destroy your focus. Try your best to dismiss this bothersome habit and you should be just fine.
3. Being unorganized. It’s important to have order and structure in your life. Being unorganized can cause unnecessary stress you don’t want or need.
4. Not having good boundaries. There will always be people, opportunities, and distractions that try to get in on your time. Which is why you need boundaries. Know when to say yes or no and make your boundaries known to any and everyone you might encounter.
5. Gossiping. It’s not only a bad habit but it can be draining, toxic, and unproductive. Do you really have time for it?
6. Idling your time away. Time management is important and can mean the difference between reaching a goal or never getting things you want and need to get done, done. Don’t waste your time and don’t let other people waste your time either.
7. Aimlessly scrolling through social media. Social media is a great tool and can be fun, however, it can also be a major distraction. If you must use it, block off time where you allow yourself to post and scroll but avoid doing so aimlessly. It can be a huge drain on your time.
8. Rescuing people you’ve probably been enabling for a long time who need to take responsibility for themselves and their actions. You can’t save everyone, nor are you supposed to. You have to know when to let go and focus on yourself.
9. Doubting yourself and questioning the innate power you’ve been born with. You are more powerful than you might realize, which will be hard to believe if you keep doubting yourself. Whenever you have a moment of doubt, pause, speak to yourself as you would to someone else in your life you know is amazing, and keep moving forward.
10. Talking negatively to yourself. You have value and should respect, love, and like yourself. Speak positively about who you are, not negatively.
11. Worrying about things beyond your control. Some things are just beyond your control and worrying about them won’t help. Trust.
12. Comparing yourself to other people. You don’t have time for this. Comparison is draining and will do nothing but sap your strength and make you feel bad about yourself.
13. Being jealous or envious. When you like and love and appreciate what you have, you likely won’t have time to be jealous or envious of anyone else. Enjoy who you are and your own life.
14. Seeking revenge. Revenge is not worth your time or energy. You would be giving too much of your power away when seeking and executing it. Let it go.
15. Not getting adequate amounts of rest. Discipline yourself in this area so you can be well strengthened and equipped to take on what the day may bring. Walking around drained and restless will not benefit you well.
16. Not taking breaks when needed. It’s totally fine and necessary to take breaks, days off work, and to know when you need a moment to just be still. You’ll likely be more productive and perform better vs. pushing through without breaks.
17. Responding to pettiness, provocations, and haters, or anyone or anything else that attempts to disrupt your progress. All of these things are distractions to throw you off your game. Maintain your focus no matter what.
18. Trying to win the approval of people who don’t like you. You don’t need the approval of people who don’t like you. Who cares about their approval anyway? Lean on those who truly support you and most of all, learn to approve of yourself.
19. Trying to change the minds of people who don’t like you. Sometimes some people will have their own reasons for not liking you that won’t be valid, but oh well. Don’t waste time trying to change their minds. There are people in your life and people you will meet along the way who will think you’re amazing.
20. Being a people pleaser. You will never make everyone happy and there will always be someone who is upset about you working hard, focusing on your goals and dreams, and seeing them through. If you’re going to succeed, you can’t be worried about being a people pleaser. You just don’t have time for it.