1. You feel like a foreigner at first. You feel like you’re rediscovering everything and everyone and you’re not sure if the things that were cool a few years ago are still cool today.
2. Oddly enough, everything is not where it was and you have to relearn everything again, just like a tourist.
3. People look at you like you’re a foreigner and will point out something ‘foreign’ about you like your accent, or the way you dress or the words you use.
4. It takes you a while to actually comprehend that you’re home and you don’t have to follow the rules and regulations of the country you were living in.
5. But you’ll start acting like a local again because at the end of the day, it’s in your blood.
6. Even though everyone’s life has changed, they’re still the same people and have the same love for you.
7. You start seeing home with new appreciative eyes. The things you took for granted now mean so much more to you and you start seeing the immense value in the little things.
8. You realize that time hasn’t changed a thing and the friends you have at home will always have a special place in your heart and no one will ever replace the bond and the culture you share together.
9. Everyone will ask you if they can find you a husband or a wife if you’re single.
10. Everyone will ask you when you’re planning on getting married if you’re in a relationship and if you need help selecting a venue because they have to throw you the biggest wedding ceremony.
11. Your phone won’t stop ringing the first few days and for the first time it won’t be work related.
12. You will follow all the clichés in the world by posting a lot of pictures of home and using all the sappy hashtags and captions like ‘there’s no place like home’ and ‘home is where the heart is.’
13. You will act like a tourist by desperately wanting to visit all the touristic places in your hometown because you miss them and because you really want to rediscover the gems of your home country now that you’re older.
14. You will ask to take a picture with all the celebrities you meet even if you don’t like them because you just want to have as many memories as you can at home.
15. You will have moments where you will question why you left and whether you should just come back for good or stay where you are.
16. Everyone will tempt you to come back and will get you all kinds of job offers and marriage proposals.
17. You’ll fall in love with everything you used to hate and love everything you used to love ten times more.
18. You’ll realize that no matter how much you wanted to leave, that you still love your country more than anything and it will always be your home no matter where you live.