1. You start living life according to your own rules. You fill your life with more activities and adventures that resemble you; not your friends, not your family and not society. Your life becomes a reflection of who you truly are instead of conforming to be someone you’re not.
2. You become braver. You don’t have the fear of what others may think of your choices, so you take more risks and make bolder decisions because people and their opinions are not holding you back anymore. You just do what you feel like doing with no reservations.
3. You attract the right people for you. You attract friends who support your decisions without judging you and friends who probably don’t care about fitting in either. You start building better, deeper and more meaningful relationships with people who actually understand you.
4. You realize how toxic people can be. You realize how their opinions and voices distort the voices in your head, tricking you into believing something you don’t agree with or not really feeling. You realize that people can truly shape you into someone you don’t want to be if you pay too much attention to what they say.
5. You no longer try to impress others, you just want to impress yourself. You feel happier that you’re not looking for someone’s approval or validation, you’re not waiting for someone to give you a pat on the back for doing things right and you’re not waiting for someone to make you feel like you matter or that you are important.
6. You have a better chance at succeeding. When you take risks and live a life that you can enjoy and love, your possibilities of finding success are endless because with every step you take, you are actually doing something that you really want or really love and you’re living a more passionate life. Eventually, that passion will pay off and you will turn into a lifestyle.
7. It becomes harder for people to bring you down. You don’t care if someone doesn’t like your clothes or criticizes the way you live your life. Words don’t get to you as much as they used to and the naysayers don’t bring you down anymore because you’re not listening.
8. It is liberating. When you take the weight of people and their opinions off your shoulder, you begin to live your life differently, you don’t feel bad about your choices (even the poor ones), and you don’t care about keeping up appearances or being politically correct. You start making your own decisions without consulting a bunch of people first.
9. You start changing your life. You start finding your passion and pursuing your dreams instead of staying stuck in the comfort zone of people and society. You become an explorer and a wanderer. You transform your life the day you decide to stop paying attention to what people think or what they might say.
10. You realize that they don’t care either. At the end of the day, you realize that people actually don’t care about your life as much as you think. Everyone is busy living their own to monitor yours and sometimes their harsh opinions are nothing but another conversation to them. You have to always know the difference between the ones who truly care about your life and the ones who pretend to be interested in it.