1. You may not always get what you want in life, but sometimes this could be a blessing and a sign to steer yourself in another direction better than the one you were on.
2. You will struggle to define many things in your life, but in time you will realize that the real meaning of life is in the journey not in the definitions or the explanations.
3. Don’t look for people to fix you, look for people who will stand beside you as you fix yourself.
4. Forgiving someone is not weakness; hating them is.
5. You can’t take what other people say about you personally. What they think and say is a reflection of them, not you.
6. You are going to think that you know everything about love until you learn that love will never be understood.
7. Invest in a few good friends, they will always be your backbone and the ones you go to when you have no one else.
8. No matter how much progress you make, there will always be someone who thinks you are not good enough. Live to prove things to yourself not others.
9. Family matters, but they don’t always know what matters to you. They can be wrong too. Don’t blindly trust them.
10. At times you will wonder why bad things are happening to you, quit wondering and start enjoying the little things in life, when you get your answers, you will understand that these bad times were shaping you into the person you should be. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
11. If nothing ever helps you, music surely will.
12. Your talent is God’s gift to you, don’t squander that gift, and hone your talent instead. There’s a saying that says “your gift will make a way for you.”
13. When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
14. You will struggle to let go of someone, but you will realize that holding on is worse. Either way you have to learn how to let go of things that are not meant for you.
15. One book can change your life. Never underestimate the valuable lessons you can learn from one man’s experiences.
16. You will learn that sometimes you have to be your only fan until you find your audience.
17. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you think you pushed someone away. People who truly care about you will find a reason to stay.
18. It’s OK to be guarded but don’t deny love when you start feeling it. You will never regret taking a chance on love.
19. You will learn that you are stronger than you thought. You will learn that you are able to get through all your ‘worst-case scenarios.’
20. Success only feels great when it’s fused with passion.
21. Your looks won’t define you but your character will. Always work on your character first.
22. If you get an opportunity to start over somewhere else–take it. It will change your life.
23. Difficult moments and scars will be merely stories to be told proudly to those who want to listen. Take pride in your scars.
24. Learn how to love your loneliness. If you are OK with being alone you will never fear the void.
25. Something will always scare you, even the things you wished for. Don’t let fear cripple you from living the life you wanted. Let fear walk with you until it finds its own way.
26. You have to pray when things are good, not only when things are bad. Gratitude will give you more blessings. Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.
27. Sometimes you have be vulnerable and say what you really feel. It will give you clarity, closure and peace of mind.
28. ‘This too shall pass’ and ‘life goes on’ are two timeless mantras you need to remember when times get rough.
29. Don’t give up. Someone once said it’s always the last key on the key ring that opens the door.