Trying to decipher a man’s mixed signals has become a part of every woman’s dating life. I am not a big fan of mixed signals but my friends and I had our share of trying to figure out what they really mean. Most of the time, mixed signals are really simple to understand if we just take off our blinders. Here are ten mixed signals most guys send and what they really mean.
1. When he randomly texts you out of nowhere after disappearing to say something meaningless.
What he means: He wants attention. Some men thrive on attention from women and the best way to do that is to send something that is not too deep but still elicits a response.
2. When you respond to his text but he doesn’t reply even though he initiated the conversation.
What he means: He just wants to know if you still care, he is not interested in starting things up again, he wants to know that he still has you as an option.
3. When he texts you all the time but never plans to meet up.
What he means: He likes you just enough but he sees no chemistry between you two. He doesn’t see a future with you but he likes your conversations and maybe enjoys flirting with you, but that’s all it’s going to be.
4. When he goes cold after a few good dates.
What he means: You are not the only one he is seeing, or you could be the one he dated while he was on a break with his girlfriend. If you didn’t do anything crazy and the guy started pulling away, ignoring you and acting ‘busy’ all the time, then it’s clear that there is someone else in the picture.
5. When he starts texting you more often after seeing you with another guy.
What he means: He likes the thrill of the chase more than the satisfaction of the catch. He just wants what he can’t have, and wants to give himself a pat on the back that he can still get any woman he wants.
6. When he says he just wants to be friends but still flirts with you.
What he means: He still wants to keep you around but now that he made it clear that he is not interested in dating you seriously, he feels that he can get away with flirting with you more openly without any strings attached because he was honest about his intentions.
7. When he only calls you late at night or wants to hang out at your place.
What he means: He is only physically attracted to you and he sees no point in spending quality time with you or getting to know you on a deeper level. You are his refined version of a booty call.
8. When he texts you and hangs out with you but disappears on special occasions (birthdays, valentine’s day…etc)
What he means: He is not ready to be exclusive with you yet, so he is buying himself some time but he also won’t show up to your special occasions so he doesn’t have to put a label on it or pave the way for you to have the ‘relationship talk’ with him.
9. When he only wants to go clubbing with you or only sends you funny and silly things.
What he means: He only wants to have fun. He likes your company and enjoys the fun side of it but he doesn’t want a meaningful relationship with you that includes dinners, deep conversations and chill Sundays. He just wants to party and have fun with you.
10. When he says he is not ready for a relationship but who knows what might happen in the future.
What he means: He is either really not ready or he doesn’t think you are the one, when he says “who knows what might happen in the future,’ this is his way of trying not to completely break your heart so he gives you any sort of false hope. Either way don’t wait for him to be ready and just find a man who doesn’t send you any of those mixed signals.
Usually men who are really into a woman will either not send mixed signals at all or send them in the beginning to test the waters and then be honest and clear about what they want. Communication is the key to a great relationship and if you can’t communicate openly and honestly with your partner, you’re going to end up in a whole world of pain.