1. You are not unhappy, because someone else is happy. You’re just not content being alone.
2. Work on being okay with being alone. It’s really not that bad.
3. Sometimes people who were supposed to be with you forever won’t be able to stay after all – and that is perfectly O.K.
4. Nobody can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission. Don’t give it to them.
5. Even if you’re the one living in your body, it was given to you by somebody. Don’t hate what you didn’t sacrifice shit for.
6. You don’t have to make sacrifices for anybody, you determine what you are willing to give up for others.
7. Keep and open mind and listen to others, but don’t allow them to automatically override your opinion.
8. Everything is temporary. Sadness, happiness, luck, bad luck, beauty, ugliness, wealth, poverty, a slender figure, obesity, high self esteem, low esteem, your ugly haircut, your pretty haircut, your dreams, life. Only death is permanent and the only thing that is a sure thing. Remember that.
9. Your life can change when you want it to. Anything else you tell yourself is just an excuse. Find something that you don’t make excuses for. That’s your passion.
10. It’ll feel like you never get anything you wish for and everything better will go to everybody else. Rely on yourself in these times. Some people can try to pick you up, but you’ll fall down again as soon as they let you go – and they will.
11. Your opinion about somebody you love or respect or admire can change in a second. It changes to indifference so quickly that it’ll make your head spin. But it’ll be for the best. Learn to let go. It’s scary as hell but not cutting the ties that hold you to a place you’re unsure you want to be at, is toxic.
12. Sadness will always make you kinder. Always. Don’t be afraid to feel grief deeply. It’ll melt your ego. Man, sadness can sometimes be the best thing that can happen to somebody but don’t let it drown you. Never let anything overwhelm you.
13. Nobody matters enough for you to be crippled by their loss. Save your strength in things that you can turn to when you’ve run out or when somebody steals whatever was left inside of you.
14. When you enter a place, take in the surroundings. Don’t look at it through a camera lens. Don’t confine memories in an SD card. Don’t have a proof of every emotion you were feeling. If it were important, you’d remember it.
15. Kindness in its most unadulterated form is the best present you can give to anyone, especially a stranger. Kindness in life is everything. But kindness doesn’t mean letting other people step on you to cross a bridge, it is letting them pass first. Learn the difference. You can be kind without being quiet or shy or by holding yourself back.
So, as much as I can sugarcoat it, you are the best you’ve got. Nobody cares about you more than you do. Everybody will leave you, except you. And as far as I have seen of the world and all the people I’ve met, I haven’t met a soul who wasn’t replaceable.You’ll never meet anyone who will be like anyone else, but it won’t matter.
But you’ll be there. I’m not compromising myself for anybody. You’ll have to be one hell of a person to change my mind but the truth is, if you were that person, you wouldn’t ask me to change anything.
Man, I don’t know. I’m just trying to tell all this to myself. I think everyone should think about this too.