1. I hope you develop the strength to say no to the social situations that do not fuel your soul. There are only so many hours in the day — please spend them wisely.
2. Spend what you can, when you can, on other people. Giving is part of living, and I hope you give with all your heart.
3. Find reasons to host people in your home. When you open your home, you open your heart, and the world needs more open hearts.
4. I hope you open your heart to love always. There is love all around you — pay attention.
5. Pay it forward. Little moments of gratitude have more of an effect than we realize.
6. I hope you stay still long enough to appreciate the little moments of life. Not everything needs to be documented and posted; its okay to keep things private and to make memories that last only in your mind.
7. Love is a gift. I hope you remember that, and I hope you learn to love yourself better, too. Love is a two way street, something that needs cultivation, patience, and honesty. Never forget that you deserve that kind of love.
8. Forget other people’s opinions about the path that you are on. Your life is not theirs to live.
9. Your habits shape your daily life, and you’re the one who gets to choose your habits. Those daily moments that seem so unimportant are the building blocks of your legacy.
10. I hope you live so that your legacy is built with the bricks of love and honesty.
11. Be honest with yourself, and be honest with others, but do not confuse honesty with cruelty. There is a difference between the two, and there is no honor in hurting others under the guise of being truthful.
12. Let truth, not fear, guide you.