No one likes getting ghosted, so why do we do it? Personally, I find that honesty is the best policy. It allows for a clean cut, regardless of the stage of the relationship. Leaving someone on the edge of their seat is plain ol’ rude, and really shitty.
So, I present to you the most easy thing in the world when it comes to breakups, so you have zero excuse to ever ghost someone again. I literally just did all of the work for you. Copy and paste these texts to your designated scorned lover, and off you go! You can do this. Go out there and be “not shitty.” The more people are “not shitty” to each other, the less times people will be shitty to you. Think about living in a world where we are kinder to each other by simply not toying with each other’s hearts. It’s simple, you guys, and you’ll feel so much better once it’s done. So here you go, 15 texts you can send instead of ghosting:
1) Hey, I think you’re great, but I don’t really see this progressing in the future.
2) Thanks for going out with me recently. I thought a lot about it, and just don’t think we’re compatible. It’s nothing personal, but thought I should let you know.
3) Hey, last night was a lot of fun! I think I should be up front with you and let you know that I’m not looking for anything serious right now. I hope you understand.
4) I had a great time with you, but honestly don’t think I am feeling this between us and don’t have interest in going out again.
5) I’m going through some personal stuff right now, and don’t think it’s a good time for me to be dating anyone. I hope you understand.
6) Honestly, the connection isn’t really there for me. I think we’d both be better if we dated other people. Best of luck.
7) Sorry, I don’t think I’d like to see you again. It’s nothing personal, just not feeling it. Hope you understand.
8) Hi ____. I think you’re great, but more so in a friend way. See you around soon.
9) You’re the worst, you sad excuse of a flesh bag… Okay, don’t use this one. I was just making sure you were still reading.
10) I realized some things about myself lately that makes me think that I shouldn’t be dating someone right now. I’m sorry if I led you on in any way and wish you the best.
11) If I can be honest, I met someone else recently. I think you’re awesome and attractive, but I am going to spend my time focusing on other things right now.
12) Hey, I realize that I am extremely busy and it might not be the best time to date. I wish you the best, but I don’t think we should go out again.
13) I don’t really I see the compatibility between us. It was nice getting to know you, but I think it’s best if we went our separate ways.
14) I hate to do this to you, but I’m really not feeling it. I wish I could say that there is something more to it than that, but I don’t think we should see each other again.
15) I am just not interested in you anymore. I hope the best for you. I’m sorry if I led you on.