1. Am I breathing?
2. Is my heart beating?
3. Am I able to open my eyes? Can I see around my room? If not, can I hear? What do I hear?
4. Am I able to move my legs?
5. Can I stand, walk, stretch? If not, can I move another body part?
6. Am I healthy? If not, what is healthy about me?
7. Do I have someone sleeping next to me? Do I love this person? If I don’t have someone next to me, who in my life do I care about?
8. Who cares about me?
9. Do I have friends or family members that love me?
10. Can I contact these people? If I can’t anymore, am I thankful for their part in my life?
11. Do I have a pet I take care of? Or something I take care of?
12. Do I live in a house or apartment?
13. Do I live by myself? I am blessed to be able to afford that. If not, do I live with others? I am blessed to have friends and roommates.
14. Am I employed? If not, do I have opportunities? Can I search for these opportunities by myself? Or if not, do I have someone who can help me?
15. Do I have an education of some sort? Or if not, do I have the street smarts to get me through the day?
16. Do I have food in my pantry or refrigerator? If not, do I have the means to buy more or friends to give me some?
17. Do I have socks to put on my feet?
18. Is there a radio in my room? Can I listen to music?
19. Can I take a hot shower?
20. Am I able to sing in the shower?
21. Do I have clothes to wear?
22. Can I choose what clothes I want to wear today?
23. Do I have shoes for my feet?
24. Do I have a way of getting to work or to where I need to go?
25. Do I have a car? If not, do I have another means of transportation?
26. Can I breathe fresh air?
27. Are there people outside that wave to me?
28. Can I see grass or snow or sunshine or flowers or some beautiful form of nature?
29. What sounds do I hear?
30. Am I warm? Am I cold? Can I feel?
31. Am I able to smile?
32. Did that person smile at me?
33. Do I have an office I go to? If not, a place where I can work?
34. Do I have electronics, tools, or some means of completing my work?
35. Do I love this work? If not, does it serve a purpose for my life?
36. Can I buy something for breakfast? Can I buy something I really want?
37. Does thee person at the register talk to me?
38. Do I exchange smiles with people?
39. Is there someone I can talk to when I’m feeling overwhelmed?
40. Can I find someone to go to lunch with?
41. Can I taste the food I’m eating?
42. Can I help someone today?
43. Do I have interactions with others?
44. Do I feel some sort of emotion?
45. Do I have hands that can shake with another person’s?
46. Do I have arms to hug someone else?
47. Am I connected to other people, simply because I am human?
48. Can I embrace the good and let go of the bad?
49. Can I find a reason to be happy today?
50. Am I blessed? Yes. The answer is yes.