1. What was your biggest disappointment of 2018? What did you do wrong and how can you do better if you’re faced with the same problem in 2019?
2. What was something you’ve succeeded at that was entirely of your own choice? How do you feel about it?
3. What were some difficult decisions you made that have helped you grow into who you are now? Would you have done anything differently?
4. List the top 10 most worthwhile things you did in 2018. What did you learn about yourself in the process?
5. List the top 10 most regrettable things you did in 2018. How have these things reconstructed your view on failure?
6. What were your go-to songs of 2018 and why?
7. Which coping mechanisms did you resort to when you experienced stress, fear, guilt, and anxiety? What could you have done differently to react to these things in a more controlled and healthier way?
8. Did you make any New Year’s resolutions at the start of this year? If so, which ones did you commit to and which one did you fail at? If not, did it help you to achieve certain things without setting definite resolutions? Why or why not?
9. Do you honestly think you’ve made the most of this year? Why or why not?
10. If you were to go back in time and start this year over, what changes would you have made? How can you ensure that these changes will help you in 2019?
11. Who were the people that hurt you the most this year and how can you forgive them, practice self-healing, and free yourself from ruminating over their actions and words?
12. Who were the people that stood by your side during the most difficult times of the year, and how do you feel about those people now? Did anything surprise you about them?
13. Which writers helped you deepen your understanding of who you are and what life is about? Next to their names, write about specific things you’ve learned from them and how they’ve shaped who you are now.
14. Write a letter to your 2019 self.
15. What were you afraid of the most in 2018? Did any of these fears come true and if so, how?
16. How was your health in 2018, and what were some health issues you’ve had? How can you change your lifestyle to put your health first?
17. Write a letter to the worst fear that held you back from going after your deepest desire this year.
18. Write your ideal ending for 2018 (after considering what you’ve written for prompts 1-17). Be as creative as you want.