Everybody loves love, even introverts (extroverted introverts, we’re talking about you too). It is a common misconception that we are emotionless and reserved, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. Introverts love just as deeply as everyone else. We might like our alone time, but that doesn’t mean we don’t love with passion, too. In fact, our precious alone time can make us better partners to the rest of you, once we’ve had time to recharge and be with our thoughts.
And how do we prove this point? With quotes about love, of course! From poet and novelist Rainer Maria Rilke to author and introvert-specialist Susan Cain, we’ve got 10 fabulous love quotes you need to read. Personally, we’re partial to Carl Jung’s word of wisdom on us introverted folks, but you can pick your own favorite. We just do these things to show you how much we love you, and how much the world loves you, too. The world is a big, beautiful place, and it is full of love for all of us, introverts and extroverts alike. So read these quotes, spend some time with yourself thinking about them, and get out there to rock your best love life!
- “The highest form of love is to be the protector of another person’s solitude.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Introverts are capable of acting like extroverts for the sake of work they consider important, people they love, or anything they value highly.” – Susan Cain
- “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.” – Lana Del Rey
- “I want to be alone … with someone else who wants to be alone.” – Dimitri Zaik
- “Love is essential, gregariousness is optional.” – Susan Cain
- “Introverts treasure the close relationships they have stretched so much to make.” – Adam S. McHugh
- “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes” – Carl Jung
- “I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.” – Franz Kafka
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
- “Because introverts are typically good listeners and, at least, have the appearance of calmness, we are attractive to emotionally needy people. Introverts, gratified that other people are initiating with them, can easily get caught in these exhausting and unsatisfying relationships.” – Adam S. McHugh