(1) My wish for you this year is that you have lots of laughter. (2) That you always use it as medicine. (3) And that you learn more and more each day, how to not take yourself so seriously, (4) and that you learn to do the same for others.
(5) My wish for you this year is that you live your life with a purpose. (6) That each day you find meaning in that purpose, whether it’s a day filled with busyness and breathlessness or a day filled with calm. (7) And yet still I wish you wisdom to know that not every moment needs to be accounted for, (8) and that uncertainty from time to time, is an assurance in this life.
(9) My wish for you this year is that you are always strong in all the ways that are obvious. (10) But that you also learn that strength is found in vulnerability and (11) weakness is part of your humanity. And indeed I wish you (12) courage to face all that life throws at you, and to (13) never forget that courage sometimes means asking others for help.
(14) My wish for you this year is that you are wise and prudent in your choices. But that you are also (15) forgiving of yourself and others, when regret knocks at your door. (16) I wish that you are always true to your convictions even when they cause you insults, and (17) I wish that you never lose them in the face of fear.
(18) My wish for you this year is that you find good company everywhere you go. (19) And that on the days you are lonely you reach out to lonely others, and (20) still find a kind word and gesture to give them. (21) And I always wish that you teach others to be a good friend, by first being a good friend to them.
(22) My wish for you this year is peace of mind, even in gloomy days and dark nights. (23) My wish for you is that you create beauty from your pains and never despise them. (24) That you know they are a part of what makes you, you. (25) And that you know you are not only beautiful in spite of them, but because of them.
(26) My wish for you this year is that you find greater love than you thought was possible. (27) My wish is that this love, whether it lasts for a time or for a lifetime, that it will enrich your life and (28) change you for the better. (29) My wish is that any broken heart from any broken love will always heal with with time, and of course with more love.
(30) My wish for you this year is that you never forget the importance of dancing in a room by yourself, or singing in the shower, or appreciating blue skies and spectacular sunrises and sunsets, and the summer rain. (31) My wish for you is that you learn all the lessons you are supposed to, without any bitterness in your heart. (32) My wish for you is a wonderful life, a life of gratitude, and unceasing hope. (33) And of course I wish you all these things not only this new year, but always.