1. They know exactly how you like your eggs cooked.
2. And how you take your coffee.
3. They buy you dusty copies of your favorite books for your birthday.
4. And sing along with you to your favorite songs while you’re both hilariously, horribly off key.
5. They ask you about your childhood, the scar on your left knee, the last film you watched that moved you.
6. They ask you things like “how did you sleep?” and “how are you feeling?” and “are you okay?”
7. Basically, all the little moments in life that are seemingly irrelevant, they care about.
8. You say to them you’re the best person in the world and you really mean it.
9. They’re the person you want to call when you’ve just seen something amusing only they would also find the hilarity in.
10. And when you’ve found a passage in a book that made you stop for a moment to think you want to call them or sit with them and read the words to them yourself.
11. You’re not sure how they do it but they take notice of all the little things others always seemed to miss.
12. They know to bring you a bottle in the morning to fix your broken head.
13. And your favorite food orders to bring you in times of stress (or, ya know, just times of extreme hunger).
14. The best moments with them aren’t in the pre-planned nights out but instead they’re found within the unexpected.
15. Like eating honey off your fingers together in the kitchen, laughing.
16. Or confessing your greatest sins over drinks in busy bars.
17. And whispering about your dreams in-between the bedsheets and morning light.
18. You look at them and you just know this is my person. this is my favorite person in the entire world. and nothing else feels quite as great as when you’re in their presence.