1. The realization you don’t have enough time in a day to read everything you want. There are so many beautiful books out there. If only the day was elongated for like 3-5 hours of mandatory reading time the world would be a much better place.
2. People will get frustrated when you bail on them because you really, really want to finish your book over going to the club or bar on the weekend. Sorry not sorry. Books > people.
3. You aren’t going to live long enough to read every incredible book out there. *sobs*
4. Some people have read 50 Shades of Grey and actually think that’s erotica. If you want real erotica that ain’t it, honey.
5. Not all people will understand your passion for old books, especially old books with yellowed pages and old book smell. And obviously, those people just don’t know how to live!!
6. You will have a moment when someone tells you either in passing or on a date that they “don’t really read.” And you will just sit there and stare at them because you’re not sure how that’s a thing.
7. Sometimes you will meet people who do not share your enthusiasm for books. They might be your lover, your sister, your friend, your confidant. These people are out there in the world, every day, completely missing out. It’s kinda a sad reality for them if you think about it.
8. Sometimes the movie is better than the book. You’re not even sure how it happened but it did and you don’t know how to feel.
9. When you finish a long book you were totally engrossed in it can be difficult to come back to the real world. You need like, actual time to sit and process everything that just happened.
10. You start getting a lot of feels when you realize you’re at the end of the book because on one hand you want to find out what happens but on the other hand you don’t want it to end yet.
11. You’re probably going to date someone eventually whose favorite author is someone you seriously can’t stand. You will have some of your greatest arguments surrounding this issue. “But how can you LIKE that author? His last novel was total SHIT. ” People will hear you and think you’re being cute, fighting about books and writers, but no this is SERIOUS.
12. You’re going to give someone a book someday that means a lot to you, that changed your WORLD, and then find out they didn’t even read it. This is so sad. This MEANT something. You guys were supposed to bond over this incredible book and they couldn’t even take the time to read it!!
13. You probably won’t meet the love of your life at a bookstore. It seems so perfect. So idealistic. You’ll be there in a bookstore or a library someday and you’ll look over and catch someone’s eye. They’ll ask you what you’re reading. You’ll tell them. 20 minutes later you’ve entered a discussion surrounding some obscure novel. It’s the beginning of your happily ever after. Yeahhhh. This probably isn’t going to happen. Sorry.
14. If you’re going to keep on in this life as a bookworm you’re going to need more bookshelves. A lot more. Like, a lot.