1. Practicing gratitude for what I have will make me so much happier than obsessing over the things my life is lacking.
2. Regret and “what could have been” are concepts that are so much scarier than failure.
3. The moments when I feel the most insecurity and uncertainty are the moments in which I am experiencing the most growth.
4. I got to wake up to another new day today, and I should never take that for granted.
5. I cannot control other people, but I can always control myself.
6. It is okay to be afraid of judgment, criticism, and rejection, as long as I continue to work and try and put myself out there in spite of those fears.
7. “How we spend our days is of course how we spend our lives.” –Annie Dillard
8. Everyone else’s backstory is just as complicated as mine, which is what I should remember when I’m tempted to judge someone.
9. Grow up, but always remain young at heart.
10. I will never go anywhere if I stay put.
11. Chasing after the validation of others will always be a losing battle.
12. People aren’t judging me and zeroing in on my mistakes as much as I convince myself that they are.
13. “A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word to paper.” –E .B. White
14. The answer to my own self-acceptance does not come from an external source like weight loss or career success or a significant other; it must come from within.
15. Sometimes I will encounter people on their very worst day, and I should remember that it’s not necessarily a reflection of who they always are.
16. I should never care if my positivity or ambition makes negative people feel uncomfortable.
17. Even if I don’t believe that everything happens for a reason, I can give meaning to any situation by finding something to learn from it.
18. My career is an important part of my life, but it is not who I am.
19. I will never please everyone, and that’s okay.
20. Integrity and character will always be more important than power and wealth.
21. No one is forcing me to keep toxic friends in my life.
22. I must also make sure that I am never brewing toxicity and spreading it to those around me.
23. Ideas are great, but action is what invokes change.
24. I cannot take any of my belongings with me when I die.
25. The little things I do every single day are much more important than the things I do every once in a while.
26. Just because I care about something does not mean everyone else should automatically care about it, too.
27. Being a fair-weather friend means nothing.
28. Being a foul-weather friend means everything.
29. I deserve love, respect, and dignity.
30. But when it comes to success, reward, and achievement, I am not entitled to anything – I must work for the things I want.
31. I should spend my time with the people who make me feel the most like myself, not the people who I think I should hang out with.
32. I have every right to say “no” if something or someone makes me feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
33. Pain is relative; it’s not a competition.
34. Complaining will not fix my problems, and it will not make people feel bad for me; all it will do is hold me in place.
35. Perfection can get in the way more times than not.
36. Asking for help shows strength, not weakness.
37. A person’s outer appearance never tells the full story; I must remember there are multiple layers of every person that cannot always be seen.
38. I will never let anyone make me feel bad for having big dreams, as long as I’m working on them instead of talking about them.
39. Forgiveness will lighten my soul, and grudges will weigh it down.
40. Just because some people aren’t overly kind to me doesn’t mean I can’t still be overly kind to them.
41. “Nobody looks stupid when they’re having fun.” –Amy Poehler
42. Maybe time doesn’t heal all wounds, but it certainly helps them to sting a little less.
43. It is when everything feels like it’s falling apart that it is most important to keep going.
44. If goals were easy, everybody would achieve everything.
45. I do not need to apologize for being good at what I do.
46. “People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.” –The Pursuit of Happyness
47. Being lost is not necessarily a bad thing.
48. Kick ass.
49. Some of the best advice I will ever receive will come from children.
50. Love will never burn out.