1. He knows that being smart and hardworking and ambitious and firm in your opinions doesn’t make you any less feminine. In fact, he’s attracted to you because of those attributes.
2. He doesn’t have a preconceived idea of what it means to be a successful woman. He doesn’t expect you to automatically want to be a homemaker or a career woman or anything in between. His idea of you being a successful woman just means you’re doing whatever it is that you want to do.
3. He sees you as an equal and a partner.
4. …But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t also make it a priority to make you feel safe, protected, and taken care of.
5. Even if he doesn’t have the same interests as you, he’ll still go to things with you or watch things with you, because he knows it’s important to you.
6. There will be times where he gets frustrated or angry with you because he’s human; but at the same time, he knows how to control and deal with his temper.
7. He makes you feel good about yourself no matter how you look: dressed up, dressed down, wearing the same sweatpants three days in a row, whatever. He is most attracted to you when you feel the most comfortable in your own skin, whatever that means to you.
8. He’d much rather have you enjoy a good meal and occasionally treat yourself to whatever you want, as opposed to worrying that you’re going to gain weight or fall off the wagon.
9. He’s willing to apologize when he’s wrong.
10. …But he’s also willing to call you out when you’re the one in the wrong, as opposed to just letting you get away with everything.
11. He remembers things that you tell him about yourself and your life, even if they seem like unimportant details in your own mind.
12. He treats his inferiors as well as, or better than, he treats his superiors.
13. He’s not afraid to make a commitment to you and let you know exactly what he’s looking for.
14. His friends look at you not as a piece of meat that he should be bragging about, but as a person they respect and someone they hope will make their friend happy.
15. The questions he asks you convey that he has a genuine, sincere interest in what you have to say, as opposed to simply feeling like he’s obligated to make conversation.
16. He makes a sincere effort to stay in touch with those people that are important to him – whoever he sees as family.
17. He asks you what you ultimately want to do with your life, as opposed to telling you what he plans on doing and then waiting to hear if your plans can revolve around his.
18. It’s not a big deal if you turn down plans with him to hang out with your family and friends. He knows it’s important to spend time with the people you’re closest to.
19. …And most of the time, he’s just as happy to join you and spend time getting to know your family and friends better.
20. He makes you feel like you have a person who’s on your side, on your team, always rooting for you. He’s the one you can talk to about anything, and he makes you feel like there’s always someone out there caring about you and thinking about you.
21. You’re well aware that you’re not the only girl on this earth that he’s attracted to. But at the same time, he makes you feel like the most beautiful person in the world – definitely on the outside, but even more so on the inside.