1. There’s never a shortage of laughs.
A strong relationship doesn’t mean you’re always having deep, serious talks. It’s also important to be with someone who makes you feel lighthearted and happy, and that’s exactly the case with your relationship. Like Jim and Pam, you guys are never failing to make each other laugh, at all hours of the day and in all kinds of situations.
2. You understand each other, with or without words.
Communication in a relationship doesn’t always involve talking. You two understand each other so well that you don’t even have to say things out loud to know what you’re each thinking. You guys love to give each other certain looks, signs, or other body language to convey something to one another.
3. You’re willing to make sacrifices for each other.
Jim and Pam’s relationship was a great way to remind people that you can still be happy in a relationship without it being easy. Jim turned down a dream job, Pam moved – just because they wanted to make each other happy. You and your partner do the same thing for one another, even if it means making yourself feel temporarily scared or uncomfortable.
4. You don’t need to buy expensive gifts for them to be perfect and meaningful.
Sometimes, the gifts you give each other even cost nothing at all. To you guys, what matters is that the gifts convey how strongly you feel about one another.
5. Romance doesn’t have to involve elaborate trips and expensive dates.
Jim proposed to Pam at a gas station, and it was one of the most heartfelt and goosebump-inducing scenes I’ve seen in the world of television romance. One of the best parts about your relationship is that you guys can find joy and love in even the most ordinary of moments.
6. While other things like work and friends are important, you put each other above all else.
You guys are practical and you understand that life comes with bills, responsibilities, and other relationships. And while you both can acknowledge that those things are part of your life, you never have trouble with prioritizing one another first.
7. They bring out the kid in you, and vice versa.
Sure, you’re hardworking, productive adults. But at the time time, you guys love acting like complete goofballs in front of one another. Whether that involves inappropriate laughter in serious situations or Saturday morning video games together, you guys are always leaving room for silliness in your relationship.
8. You still get giddy around each other, no matter how long you’ve been together.
You still have the ability to make each other feel nervous or have butterflies, because your relationship is always growing and changing. Regardless of how long you’ve been together, you love surprising each other and looking at one another as if it’s Day One.
9. You’re not afraid to admit weaknesses or vulnerability to one another.
Actually, one of your favorite parts of being with each other is that you can admit weaknesses to each other. You guys make each other feel safe and accepted because you never judge one another. You’re never afraid to be honest with each other and admit when something’s hard for you, which means your relationship is always a safe zone.
10. You can make each other smile from just the littlest things.
Your love takes work, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. You two are capable of making each other smile from the smallest things, like making eye contact right when you both wake up, or when one of you makes the other a cup of coffee.
11. You can always make it through a tough fight, and come out stronger on the other side.
At this point, you’ve acknowledged that fighting and arguing are inevitable in a relationship – at least in one where you’re being honest with each other. You know that you are going to encounter issues, and you’re not afraid to work through them in order to be happier on the other side of it.
12. You have a ton of inside jokes and you love them, no matter how stupid they are.
In fact, the more stupid, the better.
13. There’s never a time where you feel like you have to hide part of yourself – the dorky side, the shy side, the insecure side, whatever.
You’re completely open in front of them, and they’re completely open in front of you. You love each other for the good and the best, the sexy and the not-so-sexy, the fun and the hard times. You can completely be yourselves without ever worrying about what you think of each other.
14. They’re not just your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife – they’re your best friend.
You love each other, you annoy each other, you tease each other, you laugh with each other, you laugh at each other, you’re gross in front of each other, you stand by each other. Always.