1. He doesn’t get weird when talking about future plans, whether it’s a concert that’s a couple months away, or a wedding he wants to bring you to as his guest.
2. When he goes up to the bar to get another drink, he gets one for you too without asking, because he pays attention to what you order.
3. He’s extra attentive when you tell him you’re having a bad day, by sending you encouraging texts or offering to come over after work to cheer you up.
4. He ignores his phone when he’s around you, especially when you’re out to dinner together.
5. When you guys hang out, he’ll occasionally show up with your favorite candy or beer, and you can tell he’s excited to surprise you with it.
6. He makes it a point to actually make plans with you, by setting a date and a time, instead of throwing out a vague “we should hang out soon” kind of suggestion.
7. He’s cooked for you, even if he’s barely capable of cooking.
8. He doesn’t mind blowing off his friends once in a while when you ask him to hang out last-minute.
9. You sometimes catch him looking at you when he thinks you’re not paying attention.
10. He asks you a lot of questions about your life and the people in it, as if he really wants to know a lot more about you.
11. He asks you a lot about your job and wants to understand exactly what it is that you do and whether or not you’re happy with it.
12. …and when you’re answering his questions, he’s looking at you in the eye and listening intently instead of looking away or glancing at his phone.
13. He talks about his family as if you’ll eventually meet them.
14. He makes a point to introduce you to his friends.
15. …and when he does, you can tell his friends are genuinely interested in meeting you and getting to know you, which means he’s probably talked about you a lot.
16. He can’t help but laugh when he hears you laugh.
17. He remembers little things about you that you’ve only mentioned once or twice in passing, like a sport you played as a kid or your aunt’s name.
18. He goes out of his way to see you or meet up with you.
19. …even if you’re on the other side of town.
20. He sends you texts throughout the day, and it’s often something random or pointless, because he just wants an excuse to talk to you.
21. He remembers your friends’ names and different things you tell him about them.
22. He tries to get along with and get to know the guys that you’re good friends with, instead of being jealous or threatened by them.
23. He smiles around you. Pay attention to this one, because even if it seems obvious, it’s not. He’ll have a certain irrepressible, contagious grin on his face, simply because he’s with you.