1. You’re paying attention to the small things that matter to one another. It’s the small things–the simple things that really show how much someone means to you.
2. You’re patient with one another. Love takes patience. It takes the willingness to know that things are going to take time to be where you need it to be.
3. You willingly and openly communicate with one another about everything. You’re not asking how each other’s day has been because ‘it’s the right thing to do’, you’re asking because you genuinely care how their day has been. You talk to each other like you’re best friends. That’s love.
4. You don’t like saying no to one another, but you will if necessary. You’re spoiled and you know it. Both of you hate having to tell the other ‘no’ because you only want to see each other happy–although, if necessary, you can say no when the time calls for it.
5. You’re willing to make sacrifices for one another. If you’re not willing to make sacrifices for the person you’re in a relationship with… get. out. NOW.
6. You’re making a conscious effort to improve yourself for them (in any area). They just make you want to be a better person. Even if it’s something as small as not cursing any more, they make you want to improve yourself.
7. Sexual activity is deep and emotional. It’s never just sex with you two. You make love. To be honest, sex is not about your pleasure, but more about theirs.
8. You don’t seek outside attention. The need for social media and the popularity that comes with it slowly, but surely goes away. You’ll even find that talking and texting other people on the phone is less desirable. The only person’s attention you need and want is your partners.
9. You don’t mind going out of your way to make one another happy. You’ll do whatever it takes to make sure your partner is happy. In fact, it doesn’t even seem like you’re going above and beyond to you, but other people might bring that to your attention. Again, you just want to do what you can to make and keep them happy.
10. You respect one another with or without being in each other’s presence. Whether they’re standing right next to you or in Timbuktu–respect is not an option. You don’t disrespect your partner or relationship and you don’t allow anyone else to disrespect your partner or relationship–point blank, period.
11. You talk about each other to your close friends and family. They’re special to you. They bring out the best in you. These things make you want to tell your close friends and family about the person responsible for your new glow lately.
12. You’ve met each other’s close family and friends. Not only do you talk about them with your close family and friends, but you make it a point to have them meet one another. I think meeting the family is very underplayed with Millennials. Meeting the family is a really big deal!
13. You show and tell one another how much you mean to each other. No matter how you choose to show each other or what words you choose to express it, you both make it a priority to display that love and affection as often as possible. Saying ‘I love you’ is easy, normal, and frequent for the two of you.
14. Talking about the future isn’t off-limits. If you can’t talk about the future with your partner, chances are there isn’t one in sight for one of you. It’s important to know that your partner is comfortable thinking about the possibility of your future with them.
15. You’re planning for a future together. You don’t just talk about a future together, but you’re making progress towards making it a reality. You’re planning to save, thinking about where you two want to start a family–you’re making a plan to spend your future together.