22. Not exactly horrifying, or even of any real consequence, but one thing that constantly bothers me is the complete disregard for Muggle “technology” that has improved.
• They still use a steam engine train. Perhaps it runs on magic, but there has to be some unused First Great Western coach that they can jerry rig to run on magic.
• Gas lamps and candles. They’re lighting an entire castle with hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of candles and gas lamps. Even in the time Harry Potter was set, incandescent light bulbs existed. Don’t get me started on the fact that their wands can produce an LED-type light that “floods” a room with light. But no. Candles.
• This is the one that bothers me the most: QUILLS. They’re constantly buying bottles of ink, snapping their quills, and spilling ink all over their parchment (OH YEAH. PARCHMENT SCROLLS.) while Bic creates a perfectly good ball-point for 50p.
23. I don’t want to live in a world where a full grown man can’t defeat a one-year-old infant. Why on earth didn’t Voldemort just walk over and oh, I don’t know, push him out the window?