1. Life is unpredictable. You can plan out the next 10 years of your life and still not have it go the way you wanted it to.
2. Our choices define who we are but our past and our mistakes don’t.
3. There is nothing wrong with knowing you who you are and what you will never settle for, whether that’s in a career or in a relationship.
4. Breakups are messy and will hurt you like a bitch but you learn so much about love and about yourself.
5. Choose people who inspire you and motivate you to be your best self. Who you choose to have around shows you so much about your potential.
6. It’s okay to say no to a night of drinking out with friends. It’s okay to enjoy coffee hangouts and movie nights with a friend rather than going to a party. You’re not lame, you’re just growing.
7. Your mom or your dad could be your best friend in life if your just give them the chance.
8. God always has a purpose for everything that’s happening in your life.
9. There is so much power in walking away from a relationship when your gut is telling you that something doesn’t feel right. Love yourself. A boy doesn’t define your worth. You do.
10. A breakup can destroy you. A breakup can make you stronger and empower you. The choice is all yours.
11. It was never your job to fix, change or save people. Stop dating a potential. It’s only going to drain you.
12. There’s a difference between loving yourself and being selfish. Be mature enough to know the difference.
13. The most broken relationships happen at home.
14. Relationships, alcohol and sex will never fill the void in your heart.
15. Chasing after someone and begging someone to love you won’t make them love you magically. Either they do or they don’t.
16. Promising an entire future with someone doesn’t guarantee that you’ll spend the rest of your lives with them. Words are just words until backed up with actions.
17. You can be single and feel happy with your life and you can be in a relationship and feel lonely. Don’t let labels fool you.
18. Be your own best friend in this life. Love yourself. Wear red lipstick. Dance to that Taylor Swift song. Compliment a stranger. Life is too short to overanalyze everything.
19. Your college degree doesn’t guarantee your career field. You can still pursue your passion even if it wasn’t your college degree. Your determination and attitude still defines your success.
20. There’s no such thing as wrong timing, just the wrong people. I believe that God makes us meet every single person at a specific time for a reason or a lesson.
21. You can always choose to start over, every single day. You don’t need to wait for New Year for that to happen. If you want to stop a bad habit, or if you want to be someone you’ve always wanted to be, you can always choose to be that person.
22. Bravery isn’t choosing not to feel anything and it’s not the absence of fear. The bravest people in this world are those that have been through so much pain but they still choose to wear their hearts on their sleeves.