According to the best-selling book The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts there are five different ways in which people like to give and receive affection towards their loved ones. Problems arise in relationships when we don’t realize that people have these different ways of giving love. One person may feel unloved if their partner doesn’t tell them explicitly about their feelings every day while another could never hear “I love you” but be totally blissful as long as they spend hours together watching Netflix every week. If you or your partner’s love language is words of affirmation, here are some things to keep in mind.
1. “I love you.” (It really is that simple, lucky you).
2. “You did a really good job at work today.”
3. “You’re so good at making me feel loved.”
4. “I love the way you make me feel.”
5. “You look extra handsome/beautiful today.”
6. “I always feel so relaxed when I’m around you.”
7. “I’m so lucky to be with you.”
8. “Thank you for being such a good partner.”
9. “I love spending time with you.”
10. “Waking up with you is the best.”
11. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”