1. It’s okay to be afraid. It’s not okay to let fear stop you from doing what you want.
2. You are valuable. Your ideas are valuable even though they may differ from social norms. Own it.
3. There’s nothing more inspiring than the immortal words of Kate Nash, “Wake up every morning and tell yourself that you’re a badass bitch from hell and that no one can fuck with you and then don’t let anybody fuck with you.”
4. Confidence is not a sin.
5. A criticism means nothing just because it is a criticism. It has to actually have substance or a good argument before you should consider it. Don’t blindly think you can do no wrong, just realize the more you do the more people will hate on it for no reason.
6. You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing. You just have to do whatever the voice inside you tells you you want to do. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
7. There is a glamour to being a bad bitch, and you know for yourself, you could never be truly yourself by following all the rules. But it comes at a price and you need to be okay with that.
8. However, it’s okay not to care what most people think when you consider how little most people actually think.
9. Women are shepherded into cultural roles where they are subservient — their purpose is to help their kid be great, or help their husband be great or whatever. You are going to help yourself be great, first.
10. No one is perfect, it’s our messiness that makes us human.
11. Project confidence, even when you’re not feeling it:
12. Negative people will always see negative things in what you do. Their expectations are their own responsibility — not yours.
13. Being “normal” is it’s own kind of death. What people perceive as your “badness” is really just avoiding that death. CF: “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”.” -Dylan Moran.