1. You have to do what makes you happy at the end of the day.
2. Don’t make yourself uncomfortable to make someone else more comfortable because no one’s feelings are more important than your own.
3. It’s important to think about the long term projection instead of only focusing on what you want in the moment.
4. If you don’t want to get back with someone don’t text them just to tell them you miss them. It’s only going to hurt their progress.
5. Sometimes love isn’t enough to get back with someone. Neither is missing them.
6. It’s better to actually be alone than with someone who makes you feel alone.
7. If you’re with someone who constantly degrades you and leaves you doubting yourself then you’re better off on your own.
8. Don’t allow someone to start treating you poorly just because you’ve been together a “long time.” The little things and compliments should never stop.
9. Winning the battle or fight isn’t more important than being happy, neither is getting the last word in.
10. When you are fighting, fight the problem not the person because getting to the root of the problem is what will actually help you resolve it.
11. No one else can heal you except yourself and no one can fix your insecurities except for you.
12. Don’t be afraid to let yourself fall because it’s better to have loved someone than to not love at all.
13. Don’t fall in love with who someone could be, fall in love with who they are.
14. You could be the most appealing, mouth watering donut on the shelf but there will be someone will still doesn’t like donuts. AKA don’t change who you are to make someone else happy because you can’t please everyone, it’s not possible.
15. Don’t go back to someone just because you’re lonely when you know they’re trying to move on – you aren’t the only one with feelings.
16. The way a person treats you when they’re angry at you is a good indication of who they really are as a person.
17. Love is about sacrifice and sometimes that means doing things you don’t want because it’ll make the other person happy.
18. Don’t settle in a relationship you’re unhappy in no matter how long you’ve been together. You can always leave because everyone deserves happiness.
19. You can’t force feelings, you can’t force someone to care and you can’t force someone to love you.
20. It’s never going to be perfect but the bad times shouldn’t outweigh the good.