1. People will press their fears onto you – it doesn’t mean they’re right or wrong, it just means what you want to do is something they’d never have the courage to do.
2. Everything in this world isn’t cut throat competitive, a lot of people are willing to help boost you up if you’re a genuine person.
3. Your parents probably have your best intentions at heart but just because you’re going to do something your own way (not their way) doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
4. You have to stand up for yourself.
5. Create the life you want to live and go make it happen or else you’ll only be left with “what ifs.”
6. You have your whole life to work, don’t rush into a job or career because it’s what you think you’re supposed to do. Backpack, travel, see the world while you’re young and able.
7. Be a good person.
8. Care about the earth, recycle, don’t use plastic bags unless you need to, be as eco-friendly as possible. The earth is beautiful and you might not be able to change it, but you certainly don’t need to add to it.
9. You’re a being made of cells, those cells have to be challenged in order to grow. Remember that when you’re struggling and consider what you’re feeling to be growing pains.
10. Even in the hard times you will find a light to lead you out.
11. Balance is key to everything in life.
12. If it’s easy or boring you then you are not passionate about it. Stop wasting your time on something that doesn’t fulfill you and challenge yourself with something that does.
13. Never apologize for asking for what you want.
14. Learn how to forgive yourself.
15. You can’t hate yourself into someone you love.
16. Your heart will break but that doesn’t mean your world will end. It will hurt but you will heal.
17. Shutting off your heart will get you no where except alone.
18. If you don’t like something you ordered, send it back. It won’t hurt the waitresses feelings and you deserve to get what you paid for.
19. Your dreams and plans with change, and that’s okay because there isn’t one right path.
20. You don’t need a ton of ‘things’ to make your life feel more fulfilled. Seriously, your future self will thank you for deleting your checkout card instead of online shopping for another graphic tee.
21. Take every failure and wrong turn as a lesson to help you in the future.
22. Just because someone is sleeping with you doesn’t mean he actually cares about you.
23. Self-care is so important so make sure you take care of yourself.
24. The mistakes you’ve made in the past do not define you. The person you were in the past doesn’t make you who you are today.
25. It’s never too late to make a change in your life.
26. Leggings are pants.
27. Leaving your house when you’d rather wither away and die in your bed can be the best thing for you most of the time.
28. Spending time with the girls is so important.
29. Don’t miss nights out because you’re worried about the calories. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
30. Let the people in your life know how much you love them and need them there.
31. There will come a point where you don’t talk to your best friends every day and it will break your heart so cherish the time with them you have.
32. You will outgrow people and as much as you’d like to hang on to what you used to have, you can’t.
33. Never turn down Mexican food. Or margaritas.
34. Your opinions aren’t stupid. Don’t shy away because you think your voice doesn’t matter because it does.
35. Asking for help doesn’t make you weak.
36. It is okay to cry.
37. If he cares about you, you will know.
38. Don’t drunk text him.
39. You are your own hardest critic. Lighten up on yourself a little bit.
40. Being nice will get you a hell of a lot further in life than being a rude bitch.
41. Don’t go back to your ex because realistically nothing will have changed.
42. Find a creative outlet, it will change your life – even if you’re bad at it.
43. You will get used to being single, just like you get used to being in a relationship.
44. Volunteer, do generous things in the community, give when you can and always lend a hand. Be impactful.
45. No one cares to hear you complain.
46. Be healthy and in good shape now because it only gets worse!!
47. Listen to your mom and wear the g’damn sunscreen.
48. You were put on this earth for a purpose, discover it and go live it.
49. Love does not shrink you down and make you feel worthless. Kick that guy to the curb and remember losing him is not a loss.
50. Not everyone is going to like you, and that’s okay.