Free spirits don’t care to be accepted, they don’t feel the need to fit in. They just want to get the most out of life and live the happiest way possible. Being a free spirit goes so much deeper than your flowered headband in your wardrobe. It’s all about your mindset and who you are as a person. It’s about living your best life, by your own rules and fearing no limitations.
1. They’re optimistic about life. They probably don’t know what their plans are or what their plans are in life, but they stay optimistic that everything will work out the way it’s supposed to.
2. They are dreamers. They don’t think anything is out of reach and if they really want something, they will make it happen because they won’t take no for an answer.
3. A free spirit doesn’t mind much. They don’t mind being home on the weekends or going out. They don’t mind being single or in a relationship. They don’t mind cooking their own food or going out for dinner. They’re really laid back and are willing to go with the flow.
4. They are completely spontaneous. They could seem to be set on doing something, then next thing you know a different offer came along and they would rather do that instead. They are set on living spontaneously with no set plans or guidelines.
5. Free spirits like having a partner by their side; it makes spontaneous adventures more fun because you always have someone with you. They also don’t need you in their life, so if you’re with a free spirit it’s because they want you there.
6. They always put their all in. They are all or nothing kind of people, as mellow as they are if they want something, they really want it. They might work on their own timelines, but they always deliver what they promise.
7. They don’t let anything define them. They are really mellow about life. They don’t let what they’re going through in life or their relationships define them, they just keep on living.
8. They won’t try to change you. To a free spirit everyone is as they are. They wont try to change you or force their beliefs on you; to them you should just be who ever you want and do what makes you happy.
9. They do worry, they just don’t worry about the normal stuff like bills or grades or a career. They worry about their beliefs and what they feel strongly about because to them that is the important stuff.
10. They need adventure. Routine is boring to free spirits, it’s what will be the death of them. They want to explore the earth; they want to travel around from place to place with no goals or expectations other than to live fully.
11. Free spirits don’t follow trends. They don’t see what’s the new hottest items are at Urban Outfitters because they don’t care about that kind of stuff. They dress the way they want to and don’t worry about their clothing choices.
12. They love unconditionally. Free spirits don’t hold judges, once they love you they will always love you, even if you hurt them because to them it’s important to forgive and forget and always love with their full hearts.
13. Free spirits are normal people, just like everyone else. They don’t live in nature, they still use the Internet and have jobs, they still are in relationships, they still want to get a college degree and live like everyone else. It’s their mindset that makes them unique.
14. They don’t hang around where they aren’t wanted. A free spirit doesn’t push for relationships that aren’t there. If you don’t want them around they can take the hint and leave. They understand that even though they might love you, the feelings might not reciprocate.
15. Free spirits don’t live in the past. They don’t constantly think of decisions they could have made better. They just live for the now, not thinking of the future or the past, they are just happy to be alive and experiencing the multitudes of life.
16. Free spirits can empathize with you, they can make you feel like you’re the only person in the world who is getting their full attention because you are. They have a way to make you feel deeply connected and they will try to understand what you’re going through with an open heart and an open mind.
17. Free spirits aren’t judgmental. They really aren’t worried about your private life, they don’t care to be involved in drama because it doesn’t interest them. They don’t judge others based on their decisions because they know everyone makes wrong ones from time to time and the best way to deal with it is to let it go.
18. They want to learn, they want to absorb knowledge. Not necessarily through textbooks, but through life experiences and stories.
19. They are in touch with their emotions. Free spirits get sad just like everyone else. They allow themselves to feel deeply and appreciate their ability to feel every emotion.
20. They live fully and completely. They try everything; they’re open to new adventures and trying things that scare them. They don’t need to live forever, they just need to live completely.