The saying “we hurt the ones we love the most” is accurate for the most part, except with dogs. Our love for dogs is unconditional and nothing compares to it. Dogs really are a (wo)man’s best friend. They protect you, love you, run with you, and are always there when you need a little animal therapy after a long day. Dogs never make you cry, they always make you smile, which is something you can’t say about significant others.
Dogs are hands down the best type of pets, on top of being the best types of companions. They’re there when we need them most and absolutely make our lives more full and whole. Their biggest (and only) fault is that they leave us too quickly. They come into our lives for a short period of time to teach us about love and they provide the best examples that no significant other can match.
1. Dogs are always there and excited to see you when you get home.
2. Dogs always give you unlimited kisses.
3. Dogs will never break up with you.
4. Dogs will sleep with you every night without expecting anything from you.
5. Dogs never interrupt you when you talk.
6. Dogs love you when you forget to love yourself.
7. Dogs never complain.
8. Dogs never make you feel unappreciated.
9. Dogs never lie to you.
10. You’ll never have to impress their family and friends.
11. Dogs will never argue with you.
12. Dogs will never go behind your back.
13. Dogs won’t be disappointed if you didn’t get the newest toy for them, they’re happy with anything.
14. Dogs won’t fight over taking a picture. (Even though it might take 40 tries before you get a good one.)
15. Dogs protect you.
16. Dogs don’t care if you just rolled out of bed or are dressed up for a night out, they still think you’re great.
17. Dogs always miss you when you’re gone.
18. It’s cheaper to feed them than a date.
19. Your family will always love them.
20. Dogs will never say anything mean to you (mostly because they can’t talk, but also because they love you).
21. Dogs don’t judge you for anything, especially for eating too much.
22. They also don’t judge you for drinking too much.
23. Dogs are always there when you want to cuddle.
24. Dogs won’t steal your blankets at night.
25. Dogs won’t ditch you for other “better” plans.
26. Dogs always appreciate your cooking.
27. Dogs get along with (most) of your friends.
28. Dogs don’t attempt to make you jealous.
29. Dogs always have time for you.
30. Dogs don’t care if you lay around in sweats all day, they’ll join you.
31. Dogs are the BEST listeners.
32. Even if you catch your dog doing something bad, they’re still cute.
33. You know your dog always misses you when you’re gone.
34. Dogs will always love you unconditionally.
35. Dogs will always love you more than they love themselves.