1. It’s easy to get lost in the thought of being with somebody. It’s easy to daydream and fantasize and that’s part of the reason we continue to love someone who won’t love us back. We’re too busy thinking of the possibility of their love that we lose the ability to tell the difference between what we want to happen and what actually will happen.
2. Loving someone who doesn’t feel the same about you is an endless cycle of pure torment. You daydream, you wish, you want, you realize that they’re not yours to love and, although you feel pain, you continue to daydream, wish, and want.
3. You’re not alone! Love can be scary and intimidating because there is no guarantee that the person you fall for with fall for you as well. Just because you love someone who doesn’t love you back doesn’t make you “obsessive” or “crazy”, it makes you human. It’s human nature to want things and to sometimes want things we can’t have.
4. It fucking hurts. It sucks wanting someone so bad, dreaming of them, picturing what it would be like to be in their arms and knowing that you’ll never really know what it’s like to call them yours. It hurts wanting someone in arms reach and, yet, feeling so damn far away.
5. The pain from a broken heart is different from the pain of unrequited love. Although both hurt an abundance, at least if you were heartbroken, you knew what it was like being with that someone. Unrequited love is like having a goal that is unattainable. It’s trying to work towards something, but never moving from the spot you started in.
6. Although you know the person you love doesn’t love you back, you continue to love them anyway because you rather have the thought of them than not have them at all. Most times, the thought of someone is better than real life, better than coming to the realization that you’re hurting yourself by giving yourself false hope. Unrequited love consists of a lot of daydreaming and wishing, but it comes from a temperamental heart with no boundaries not the guarded mind. If the heart listened to the brain, it would know not to let itself get such high hopes because we all know what goes up must come down.