1. You’ve never been the type to run around yelling, “SINGLE AND READY 2 MINGLE!” You’re more likely to be found wearing a name tag that says, “Hi, my name is ____ and I’m into commitment.”
2. But because of that, people assume you’re always on the hunt for a relationship. As if you’re physically incapable of being alone. Pleaaaaase.
3. Despite your
lowkey highkey obsession with being in love, it’s a rarity that you meet people you really connect with.
4. And as much as you happily prioritize romance, you aren’t going to do it at the expense of your own happiness. You’re not going to settle just to have someone if your heart isn’t fully in it.
5. People have a tendency to label you picky.
6. And it really, really pisses you off.
7. You don’t enjoy casual dating. The idea of just hanging with someone you kind-of-sort-of-maybe like isn’t appealing. You want to be all in or nothing.
8. Tinder makes you want to throw your phone in the ocean.
9. Small talk in bars also makes you want to throw yourself in the ocean.
10. …Okay, maybe you’re a little picky.
11. You just genuinely love being in a relationship! You like the give and take of partnership, of having someone you care about and can think of. You’re at your best when you’re in love.
12. But that doesn’t mean you fall in love often.
13. You’ve had enough experiences to know what you want. It’s not a bad thing to be sure of yourself.
14. You refuse to put up with being treated poorly. You’re fully aware of what you deserve and will wait for someone who sees your worth.
15. Sometimes it gets lonely. Especially when everyone around you is coupled off.
16. You get teary-eyed whenever you see an elderly couple holding hands. THAT’S TRUE LOVE, DAMMIT. And you want it. Ohhh, you want it.
17. Despite it all, your hopeless romanticism still exists. And you know love is out there. You just have to find it.