1. Phantom Planet – “California”
Okay, you know I had to start at the beginning. CALIFORNIAAAA, HERE WE COOOoooOOOooOOOOME!!! Welcome to the OC, ya bishhhh.
2. Alexi Murdoch – “Orange Sky”
I used to listen to this song on my iPod mini (retro) and cry my eyes out because I thought it was so damn beautiful.
3. Matt Pond PA – “Champagne Supernova”
One of the most iconic moments in The OC’s history. Summer and Seth finally reconcile with the epic Spiderman kiss.
4. The Killers – “Smile Like You Mean It”
Am I the only one insanely jealous that they didn’t grow up hanging out at The Bait Shop?
5. Nada Surf – “If You Leave”
6. Patrick Park – “Something Pretty”
The folksy song playing during another classic Seth/Summer scene. The romantic and charmingly awkward “acknowledge me now or lose me forever” moment. *sigh*
7. Bell XI – “Eve, The Apple Of My Eye”
Another song I would listen to and sob. Listen guys, I just had a lot of feelings…
8. Jem – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
Julie and Caleb’s wedding. For a celebration, it’s pretty damn depressing.
9. Jeff Buckley – “Hallelujah”
UGH. Ryan going back to Chino. Seth abandoning Summer and his family, and sailing away. Kirsten crying. And then they slap this song on top of it all?! TOO. MANY. EMOTIONS.
10. Imogen Heap – “Hide And Seek”
Well, you know.
*BONUS VIDEO* – the hilarious SNL short parodying the season 2 finale when Marissa goes all ‘Annie Get Your Gun.’ Mmm, whatcha saaaayyyyy