1. I’m learning that my power really lies in my reactions. I’m finally seeing that not every little thing that bothers me deserves a reaction. I’m learning that no matter what the outcome of a situation is, I’m always able to walk away from it with a better understanding of myself. I’m finally realizing how exhausting it is to react to every single bad thing that happens to me. And by simply letting something go, I’m allowing it to pass me by gracefully.
2. I’m learning to let things end when they need to. And to stop wasting my time and energy trying to make something work that isn’t meant to. I’m learning that by simply welcoming the ending of something can be a blessing in disguise. It can spark the beginning of something even better.
3. I’m learning that there’s nothing wrong with being emotional. I’m learning that being soft is something I should appreciate about myself. I’m seeing how incredible it can be to be in touch with my emotions. I’m seeing that if someone else isn’t comfortable with those emotions, they aren’t right for me. I’m seeing how beautiful it is being soft can be in such a bitter world. It means that despite all the heartbreaks, rejections, and failures I’ve faced, I’m still choosing to give my love freely with all I’ve got. And that itself is something worth celebrating.
4. I’m learning to stop letting people come and go from my life as they please. I am no longer allowing myself to be an open door, only for those looking for a temporary stay. And if they wanted a spot in my life, they wouldn’t have left in the first place. I’m learning that on-and-off relationships will never be fulfilling for me. I’m seeing how important consistency is. And when someone truly loves you, they will always show up for you. I finally have faith in the idea that someday, somebody is going to walk into my life, and they will stay.
5. I’m learning to ditch the idea that my life should be aligned with what society deems as being perfect. I’m seeing how my own version of perfection is all I will ever need in order to be happy.
6. I’m finally learning the difference between want and need. And how sometimes it is easy to confuse the two.
7. I’m learning to unapologetically make mistakes. And no matter what, I should always try and make things right when I do. I’m am no longer a prisoner to my failures. I’m finally learning to let go of the past.
8. I’m learning how important it is to appreciate a moment before it passes me by. I’m learning how to be present, not only physically, but mentally too. I’m seeing how important it is to be present in whatever it is I’m doing in any given moment.
9. I’m learning to live my life without expectations. I’m realizing that expectations only bring disappointment.
10. I’m learning how to live comfortably with fear. I’m starting to welcome fear with open arms instead of running from it. I’m finally seeing how fear isn’t always a bad thing.
11. I’m learning there is always a lesson hidden underneath all the pain. And when you finally let go of that pain, you will uncover those lessons. I’m finally realizing pain is only temporary, even when it feels like it isn’t.
12. I’m learning that plans were made for adjusting. And that just because you took a different path, certainly doesn’t mean you went off track. I’m seeing how messy life can be. I’m finally learning to love my life for the mess that it is.