1. You’ve learned the role of responsibility. Being solely in charge of your actions is a signal of personal growth. Owning up to mistakes, failures, and shortcomings is all a part of learning exactly who you want to be. When you stop blaming others for your problems you will in feel a major sense of maturity and independence in return.
2. You’re working towards your goals. You don’t plan on stopping until you achieve each and every one of those goals. Having ideals means that you have a dream. You have a vision. You’re driven and possess the mentality to accomplish whatever you set your mind to. Always be a goal-digger.
3. You’ve lost people. You’ve come to terms with the fact that some people are only temporary in our lives. This is how we learn to make room for the new. Liquidating negative influences that are holding you back is a tremendous sign of strength and the ability to let go of the past.
4. You’ve learned how to stop letting the little things bother you. The things that once caused extreme commotion in your life aren’t so important anymore. Learning to let the little things go that you are unable to change is a liberating feeling. Save room for the things that truly matter and let irrelevant things things go.
5. You’re no longer afraid of failing. Once you’re able to remove the fear of failure and self-doubt from your mind you have all the power. Don’t be afraid to fail forward. Use failure as a guideline for the future rather than reprehending yourself for it.
6. You know how to say “no”. You’ve learned that saying no isn’t always as hard as you expect it to be. You know how to say no to people and things that don’t add value to your life.
7. You’ve experienced heartbreak. It isn’t until we get our heart broken into a billion pieces that we learn how to love again. If you’ve dealt with heartbreak, congratulations. You have discovered that the human heart is capable of entirely shattering and still lives on.
8. You question your choices. Sometimes you experience self-doubt and life isn’t always so pretty. This means you’re open to growth and making changes for the better.
9. You aren’t the same person you were a year ago. You’ve evolved and continue to make changes in your day-to-day life. Change is the only constant we have in life. We’re constantly changing and that’s what makes this life so interesting.
10. You have a passion. There’s something that interests you. Something excites and inspires you to make that passion a reality. Always follow your passions, they are a part of your purpose.
11. You embrace the unknown. You know that nothing in life is guaranteed. You’ll never know what’s coming next unless you push forward and embrace whatever’s thrown your way, good or bad.
12. You appreciate the bad times. Life hasn’t gotten easier but you’ve gotten smarter. You see the beauty in all the struggles you’ve faced and see exactly how they’ve shaped you into the person you are today and the person you wish to be tomorrow.