1. Don’t let the hate in your heart grow. Stop feeding it. You deserve some peace. And a good night’s sleep.
2. Your gut feeling is there for a reason. Take time to listen to what it’s trying to tell you.
3. When you get off track, it is important to remember that you can be back on track again. If you did it once, you can do it again.
4. There is no shortcut to healing. I wish there was. But cheating the process will only hurt you over the long haul. The process is agonizing but you can endure it. Trust me.
5. Always say a little prayer before you sleep.
6. It is easy to get discouraged when things aren’t going your way, but you just have to keep going.
7. Life goes by pretty fast. One minute you’re on top, the next you’re at rock bottom. That’s just how it is. Learn how to cope.
8. Nothing beats a genuine laugh shared with good friends.
9. Having a good mentor/boss is just as important as loving what you do. If you’re not happy, leave. Life is too short to be spent in one place only.
10. There is always room for improvement.
11. I think you’ll know when you’re wasting time with somebody or not. With the people we love, we never really waste time. Because we get to feel alive. If one day you find out that it doesn’t work out, your time together can’t be considered wasted.
12. Take responsibility for doing something when shit hits the fan. Putting the blame on others for something that you took a part of is so 2010.
13. Nobody deserves to be cheated on. Think before you act. Don’t be on the other side of the story that would hurt.
14. Love and respect your parents and you will be rewarded for it — it’s in the Bible.
15. While we are busy working, partying or just simply doing our own thing, our parents are also aging. Spend time with them, spark up a good conversation and exhibit signs of love at home as much as possible.
16. Love is such a strong and powerful force. It’s more than just a feeling. You’ll know it if it’s really love or just something else.
17. Drink responsibly.
18. Be wary of choosing your circle. Spend time with people who will make you grow as an individual. These people are the ones who would call you out when needed and support you as you move forward in life.
19. Not everything needs a reaction. Be careful where you put and invest your energy in.
20. Change is scary, but nothing is scarier than staying in the same place or being the same way your whole life.
21. Men and women of substance are truly the best.
22. Self-love. Always!