Throughout my (21-year long) life, there are a few things I have learned–
1. Be the bigger person.
2. Talking bad about someone always makes you look worse.
3. Your mom is usually right.
4. Leave your eyebrows to the professionals.
5. Don’t act on your emotions- “sleep on it”. Seriously.
6. Chase your dreams. Otherwise, you’ll never catch them.
7. Life does not care about fair.
8. Be honest.
9. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize.
10. Never let someone walk all over you.
11. Call your grandparents. Easiest way to make their day.
12. Stick with the friends that encourage you.
13. Be healthy- it leads to happiness.
14. Eat an entire box of Girl Scout Cookies every now and then. This also leads to happiness.
15. Meditate daily- even if it’s for 30 seconds.
16. Make mistakes- but learn something from every single one.
17. Read. It doesn’t matter what it is. Just read something everyday.
18. Nobody likes a sloppy drunk. Amirite.
19. If you are fortunate enough to travel, go.
20. Aspire to be successful on your own. Never rely on somebody else.
21. Really get to know people- their dreams, the things that make them happy, the things that make them sad. Completely engage yourself in deep conversations.
22. Don’t be afraid of change. Change is so good.
23. Always offer to help.
24. Drink green tea.
25. Apologize. Even though apologizing kind of sucks.
26. Take pictures.
27. Save money. A little bit a month now adds up to a lot later.
28. Listen to Bon Iver and cry and drink an entire bottle of Cab after a bad day. It’s good for the soul.
29. This is your life. You only get one. Live it exactly how you want to.