They say that your twenties are mostly where your confusions and complications take place, because you are now the driver of your own ship. You get to make your own decisions, not just simple life decisions like what are you going to eat for lunch? Or where you would hang out after school? But larger than life decisions that will affect you and your future in the long run.
There’s always the question of “What’s the right path to take?” In my 23 years of existence, I’m slowly learning to just let things be, sometimes we have no control over the things that are happening around us, but we always have a choice on how are we going to react when faced with certain kinds of situation.
It’s either you learn from it and set it as a motivation for you to do better or just give in and let it destroy you piece by piece.
“I believe in this: You just do it. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and goddamn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about your business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way” — Marylin Monroe.
1. Never compare yourself to other people; because we are all unique in our own ways and we all have our own stories, we all have our own journeys. You might not yet be at the place where you are destined to be, but know that you’ll always get there. Just hang in there! Everything will eventually fall on its rightful place at the right time.
Just keep pushing yourself…push yourself to always become the better version of you.
2. Instead of asking God for certain things to happen, ask him for guidance and courage. Because we cannot always get what we want, if things won’t go as you pleased, know that he always has bigger plans for you. Surrender everything to him; let your faith be bigger than your fears!
3. Never fear change, because the only thing constant in life is Change. Venture new places, new things, meet as many people as you can because you’ll always learn something new from different types of people, try a new hobby and just widen your horizon!
4. Get out of your comfort zone! Always challenge yourself and do not be afraid to try new things. Life is too short for mediocrity. You would not want your 30 year old self to say that you wish you could’ve done a certain thing when you were younger. Trust me, you would not want to live an old life full of regrets.
5. Do not be so hard on yourself, loosen up a little bit, know that it’s OK to break the rules once in a while. Let spontaneity reign in your life for a lil while. Always remember that overthinking ruins your chances to every possibility.
6. Balance. There’s always a time to joke around and a time to be serious. There’s always a time for YOLO and a time to think rationally.
7. Amp up those positive vibes! Always maintain a positive outlook towards life, cause if you won’t, who else will? Remember that it always starts within you and everything else will follow. Always spread the LOVE, even if you have a little, share, but remember to save some for yourself; because too much selflessness is a bad thing.
8. And lastly DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF. Have enough faith in yourself and your capabilities; your every waking day is chance for you to do better, for you to learn and for you to change!
It’s OK to not know certain things; it’s OK to not know which way you are heading towards life because honestly, nobody really knows where they are headed. All we need to do is to continue living.
Because our life is the most precious gift God has ever given to us, it’s a shame for us to just put it to waste.