1. Your mother’s instincts are usually right.
Whether if it is a gut feeling that you are going to get that dream job or that your boyfriend is a real bum, she always knows. Mothers always know. Just don’t question it.
2. Your significant other is not psychic.
So talk to them about what’s on your mind.
3. The way you react to things is directly correlated to the quality of your life.
Everything is a choice…be motivated or miserable, negative or cheerful, optimistic or doubtful.
4. Confidence is the sexiest thing one can wear.
That overly possessive aura and jealous face will not accent your Jimmy Choo pumps well. If you don’t believe that you own it, why would anyone else?
5. Never go to bed angry.
That was our household rule growing up—so scream, shout, whatever you gotta do—as long as you hug each other and think about one thing you’re grateful for before you close your eyes.
6. Don’t forget to say “thank you.”
People always remember good manners.
7. Many people don’t mean what they say, say what they mean, or do what they say.
I’ll let you re-read that. Got it? It’s unfortunate that individuals are not aligned in these aspects and as a result, they are usually unfulfilled in some way. Don’t be one of them and be in harmony.
8. If you don’t know how it was made, it probably isn’t that healthy for you.
I’m definitely not a nutrition freak, but the philosophy is simple. Limit processed foods, get a little bit of everything: your proteins, greens, fruits. When you’re 70 and on the dance floor while some of your friends have arthritis or are obese, you will thank me.
9. Give yourself a half hour before bed without any emails or texts.
It helps you relax and ease into a better sleep.
10. You should have purchased wine glasses after you graduated college.
A Malbec in a Solo cup will probably make a wine connoisseur want to cry and if anyone finds out, Napa just might put you on their ban list.
11. It’s smart to plan and also to let go when life has other plans.
401K—smart. Your timeline for life events….let that play itself out. It’s usually best in the grand scheme of things.
12. H20 is your real bestie.
It is such a simple thing and took me FOREVER to adopt into my lifestyle. Dehydration is the root of many issues such as weight gain, improper digestion, a loss of energy, dull skin, and the list goes on. Just drink the water, cleanse your body, and reward it for all the hard work it does.
13. People appreciate genuineness in business.
Being in sales, my clients can spot a fake from miles away and they do not have time to engage in aggressive and fluffy banter. They appreciate when you get to know them on a personal level as well as their professional needs and concerns. Also, don’t forget to let them in on your life, too—people love 20-something stories and giving their “been there, done that” wisdom!
14. You will outgrow people in your life.
Our priorities, preferences, and ideals change over the years so this is bound to happen. Don’t sweat it.
15. Don’t overthink it, just do it.
This is one of those I continue to work on…really let’s just all make a more productive use of our time.
16. If all else fails, smile.
I’ve been in numerous uncomfortable or out of the ordinary situations that involved not knowing a soul in the room. Those pearly whites make you more approachable and easier to get into the flow of a conversation.
17. If you are open-minded, you are bound to learn and appreciate more around you.
Always take up an opportunity to be exposed to something new.
18. Have a mentor and don’t let your ego get in the way of asking for help.
At one point in time, the person that you look up to needed guidance as well. It’s called paying it forward.
19. Love can be subtle.
It does not have to be extravagant, involve huge gestures, or even be breathtaking. You don’t have to instantly be swept off your feet, but rather it can culminate into something beautiful over time.
20. Pain almost always makes you better.
It causes an urgency to show you something with the status quo requires changing.
21. Your mind defines your bounds.
Believe, baby, believe.
22. People may come and go, but you will never regret doing something nice for them.
And plus, more good karma for you!
23. Puppies are instant endorphin boosters.
Bad day, look at pictures of these cute, fluffy, monsters…or better yet, get one!
24. It’s never too late to catch up.
People appreciate when you think of them.
25. Chill. 25 is just a number.
If you’re doing it right, you should just be aging well and getting more fabulous every year. Much like wine. Cheers to that!