1. It is okay to cry and feel sorry for yourself. Do yourself a favor by letting that feeling out. Cry whenever you feel like it. It may take you hours or even days. Let it out until you are too tired to feel miserable. Let it out until your own body system rejects to drop a single tear. Go give yourself that. Free your heavy heart.
2. You can stand up again. It should not feel like the end of the world though it may feel like it. Self-pity is good only if you will use it as a drive to be better. Use it as your energy to start anew. Get up from the floor and shower. Treat yourself with some food. Take it easy. One step at a time.
3. It is okay to walk away from your dreams, even if it took you years to build it. You focus too much on your goals and what lies ahead that you often forget to live in the moment. It is okay to plan for the future but make sure you are not compromising the happiness you can have now.
4. You can try again – and again and again and again. Put all your heart in it and see where it leads you. At least at the end of the day, you can tell yourself you did your best. That should lessen the regret.
5. Allow yourself to grow. That means giving up some things. There are things we can’t hold on to forever. Know when something is no longer serving its purpose to lift you up. Know when to let go of things that keep holding you back and making you feel like you are not good at it. You will always be good for something. Go find it.
6. Letting go doesn’t always mean you fail. You are just thinking better. You are getting wiser. You have learned what is best for you. You just found out what works and what doesn’t. You are doing great.
7. Opportunities always knock. You can’t always plunge into a moment just because it is right in front of you. Do not settle for less. You can do big. You can do more. Think. You got this.
8. Tomorrow never ends. Everyday can be another chance to start again. Do not ever think you are wasting your time. You are learning. You are progressing.
9. Life is not a battlefield. Be gentle with yourself. You are against no one. Just do you.
10. You did well – even when you think it is not enough. Even when others think it’s not enough. You tried, and that should count for something. Do not belittle yourself.
11. You are never a failure. You are here. You are trying to survive in a daily basis. You are making an effort. You are a living, breathing human being who deserves more chances at life. You deserve better and you will be better.