1. There are many ways in which we chose to label ourselves, underneath the layers is where we discover who we truly are.
2. Don’t be afraid to cause a scene. Know when you are passionate about something and then promise yourself that you won’t keep quiet.
3 Embrace those scattered thoughts in your head, learn to trust them, find a way to express them.
4 Parts of you are hidden, like precious jewels, all over this vast vast world of ours.
5. What we do defines us, not what we say. It is only when language fails us that we can truly feel this for ourselves.
6. We are many, many things, and each one must not become the center of our identity, but simply a part of it.
7. Do everything that fuels your soul now, pursue what fires you up today when the moment is present. Tomorrow you may have new passions and you owe it to yourself to follow these as well.
8. Sing to yourself. Paint with yourself. Laugh at the jokes in your head. Learn to love being alone.
9. That inner monologue… the one that tells you lies about how foolish you are? Learn how to talk back to it, ask yourself, would you be friends with that fool in your head? If the answer is no, it’s time to find a new friend to hang out with.
10. Get curious. Learn everything you can. Read anything you can get your hands on. Talk to everyone who crosses your path.
11. When you find yourself yelling at someone over a pub quiz question, that’s a good sign that you are no longer bringing out the best in each other.
12. There is no such thing as ‘the wrong time,’ connection sees no obstacles, and if it’s right it will last in whatever capacity makes the most sense.
13. You will find people who will fight for you, even if you don’t have the same feelings back. Treat them with honesty and refuse to string them along, because we all know the result will be a tangled messy web of resentment and confusion.
14. Only when we love ourselves are we generous enough to give the kind of support and selfless respect that others deserve.
15. Kiss people, all the time. It’s good for the soul.
16. There is no such thing as a plan. Believe in redirection.
17. Everything takes time, but if you are patient you will travel far.
18. Work hard and stay humble.
19. Trying the same thing over and over again will get you nowhere.
20. You will be twenty forever, a bit lost and unsure, embrace it.
21. Never let money stop you from trying. There is always a way to get where you want to go without spending much.
22. The less we understand something the more magic it most likely holds.
23. Just like a good improv actor learn to build off others enthusiasm even if you don’t quite understand it.
24. Realize how little you actually need.
25. Don’t give two fucks about what anyone else makes of your decisions.
26. Getting lost means you are bound to discover new ways.
27. A good life, just like a good book, is filled with plot twists, that’s what makes it interesting.
28. Appreciate the person you are becoming, but never get attached to the idea.
29. Accept the fact that there will be ants in your bed if you continue to eat cookies before falling asleep.
30. When there is a gate blocking you from leaving school early, always remember that you can escape via the entrance.
31. Just because you repeat something 100 times, doesn’t meant that you are understood.
32. We all have a story to tell, don’t get so caught up in your own that you forget to listen to others.
33. I love someone who is unique, tattered, worn, and honest. We must all learn to live with authenticity.
34. Learn how to ask for help, how to say no, and how to give genuine hugs.
35. Everyone teaches us something, what we want, what we don’t want, who we are.
36. Surround yourself with people who fuel you, there is nothing lonelier than being in a room full of people that don’t energize you.
37. Amazing people come around at the strangest of times, don’t let circumstance stop you from letting them in.
38. Trust the world. Good things happen when we break down walls and approach strangers with appreciation instead of skepticism.
39. The scarier the risk the more it will set you free.
40. There is no such thing as failure, any time we leap we have already succeeded.
41. Do stupid things, walk into the fire, sometimes we have to try things to realize what we knew all along.
42. It may be cultural for men to treat woman in a way that you don’t understand. Culture should be respected and then there is a line when you should speak up for what you believe in.
43. If you feel unsettled than you are doing something right.
44. Don’t be afraid to whip your hair back and forth and let them stare.
45. Its ok to be naked, vulnerability is one of the purest forms of strength.
46. It is not selfish to fight for your own happiness, only when you are content can you begin to spread that joy to others.
47. Carry home with you, in the people you have met, and the moments that anchor you.
48. Don’t get stuck within the cultural limitations of the place where you were born.
49. Sometimes a good hug, given or received, can literally change your day.
50. It is through connection with others that happiness is born.
51. There is no such thing as eternal happiness, you can’t run from problems, but you can embrace all emotions as a part of this thing called life. Vacation can’t last forever.
52. Say yes.