The life force of creativity comes from someone offering their gifts to the world in the name of carrying out their own vision, not someone else’s.
There can be fulfilling work to be had working for someone, but at some point we all have an inner calling to bring our own message and story forward so that it gives someone else the permission to go and do what they’ve always wanted to do as well.
The best part about this world of abundance that we live in is that it’s never been easier to create a business out of thin air and find your future clients online in a short period of time. I’m not saying that it is easy, but it’s never been easier in the grand scheme of things. All it takes is the will to learn, patience, and some risk taking.
“I want to live my life in such a way that when I get out of bed in the morning the devil says, aw shit, he’s up!”–Steve Maraboli
Let me paint a vision for you in how you can start taking action today towards a path of building your own empire:
1. Do not focus on not having the grand idea right now. Spark ideas over time by giving yourself small steps to take. First step is put aside an hour each night to explore what others are creating out of thin air with passion and a vision for service.
2. Start listening to podcasts built for millennials and entrepreneurs, there are a ton of them!
3. Attend a conference like World Domination Summit or School of Greatness to get inspired and come up with new ideas!
4. Start building an audience online by just expressing yourself in your natural environments.
5. Do not quit and then figure it out. Figure out your passion and vision slowly overtime, be patient, and then once you are very clear and have revenue coming in, take the leap.
6. Get a mentor or someone who has taken this journey from a cozy 9-5 to the unknown. Stay close to them and model what they believe as this will keep you motivated and keep your limiting beliefs at bay.
7. Ignite a spark under your performance at your current job. Frame the work as the key to your future freedom so do the job to the best of your ability. There are plenty of benefits in doing this. You may earn more in the near term, your confidence will grow, and it’s always smart to get sources of recommendation as you never know how they will come in handy in the future.
The uncertainties of building a business that honors our true passions, beliefs, and interests are endless. Embrace this and take the chance of working with those uncertainties to grow and make the world a better place.