In time I’ve listened, noted, and gathered the following; a collection of sayings, bits of advice, stories, confessions, etc. The following are all things a very dear friend wrote or said. His words have given me more than he’ll ever know; hope, inspiration, encouragement, love, and so much more. Here’s to you, my dear friend, thank you, thank you for turning simple words into beautiful expressions.
1. Strength in adversity is a form of greatness.
2. If you don’t want to waste you life, start loving more people. A life was never wasted doing so, I’m sure.
3. Evil cannot be justified. The only thing we can do with the things that have hurt us is learn, defeat bitterness, and become more beautiful.
4. Honesty: being a slave to your fear is pitiful and so unattractive. You can’t find respect if you’re always running away. Be brave.
5. The more you realize how fleeting life’s most beautiful moments are, the more beautiful they’ll become.
6. If you realize how broken and fragile this world is, you can really start to love every little significant piece of it, free of prejudice.
7. Weakness is not your luxury. No one wishes that.
8. Go bravely where you have never gone before.
9. Never give up a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
10. Peace is only possible if you believe in it, against all odds and through all pain.
11. Every new day, teach yourself to enjoy life. This is how you can change the world.
12. Life is won by those who take their dreams seriously, no matter how wild they might be.
13. Learn to respect the things in life that give you joy. Do the same for others, and reject obstructionist ideologies.
14. Why be afraid of being who you are when what’s really scary is wasting time being someone else when you can be happy being yourself.
15. Enjoy the happiest moments of your life and don’t allow yourself to think about when they might end. Indulge without reservation.
16. Find happiness in every little victory, the greatest victories are grown from those small seeds. The universe craves your contentment.
17. Holding onto anger is like hitting the snooze button on your happiness. It’s never worth it. You can’t control. Let it go.
18. If they’re not happy then they can’t make you happy. Invest wisely.
Strength in yourself:
19. If you want to change another person, first change your own heart. When you change, others around you will change.
20. Know your limits, your weaknesses. Then push against until you can barely stand it.
21. If you have this idea of who you should be and who you want to be, get there by whatever means you can.
22. Every day that we discover something about ourselves that we could change and make better, that’s a day seized and a future brightened.
23. Believe you can make a difference for the better. No matter how small, it matters. Never give up on this belief, it’s everything.
24. Every day, your successes and failures are reflected in your words and actions. Remember that next time you are petty or cruel, or kind.
25. Before you can convince others of your worth, you have to believe in it yourself.
26. Don’t take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality.
27. Be the crying shoulder you need. And never expect more from someone that you know they can give.
28. Don’t let yourself be someone’s everyone, and don’t let someone else be yours. There is no balance in that.
29. You are the company you keep. Don’t be afraid to break from limiting influences and forge a path of your own. It’s never as hard as it seems.
30. Never deny yourself the opportunity to face your fears.
31. Every one knows on some level acting or speaking when you’re angry or emotional is bad, actually following the advice make you a rare gem.
32. Target the negative influences in your life and if you cannot make them into positive influences, it’s time to cut them out.
33. The emotions that result from hurt are the worst ones, and the ones that make us ugly. Take care of yourself by forgiving and letting go.
34. Sometimes we lose people we weren’t ready to lose. Prove how great they were by allowing their influence to raise you to greatness.
35. Some broken things are harder to fix, but where there’s a will there must be a way.
36. Sometimes life fucks you over and you can turn it every way trying to find out why. Let yourself hurt, let yourself heal. It’s our condition.
37. Helping people heal is the noblest and most creative act we can commit. Happiness and harmony grow from the individual to the whole.
38. Cherish the moments in life where you know you’ve picked the right friends, and they’ve picked you.
39. Friends, true friends, help us do the things we need to do, that we have to do, but demand an insane amount of courage, bravery, and gumption.
40. A friend who is willing to face their pain, their fear, their regret, and not run from but towards it, that’s a friend you must hold on to.
41. Friendship: a mutual recognition and cultivation of greatness.
42. Just takes a conversation with a good friend to remind you what you really want to get out of life.
43. One of the greatest gifts our loved ones give us is knowing us well enough to know how we can become even better.
44. When your friends call, be there. And the world will be a better place. Shared sorrow is half the sorrow, and shared joy is double joy.
45. Forgiveness doesn’t mean giving up on the reality you wish would have been, it means continuing the search for it and making it happen by your on volition.
46. Every day is an opportunity for self-reinvention.
47. There are few greater things to deny yourself than the opportunity to admit a mistake. It’s a privilege only the strong enjoy.
48. Simultaneously, this music is very indicative of who you are as an individual, and appreciating and indulging your tastes is part of being authentic.
49. Music can validate our feelings, sit through them with us, and help us feel the things we want to, and should feel, and help us heal.
50. The possibility of reinventing and innovating add infinitum, finding new happiness each time.
51. Travel is the best and fastest way to learn more about yourself.
52. Great stories are shared with us to encourage us to tell our own.
53. Keep searching for amazing people in this world because there are so many out there.
54. Love radically.
55. Love is the translation of chaos into beauty, and we try to find others who write it in our language.
56. You only have one heart and life to give, so give them to save them; give them where they’ll become what they’re suppose to be. And don’t waste your time giving up.
57. I want to believe love lasts through countless lifetimes, and it’s our job to find each other every new beginning.
59. Learning a little bit more every day about what real love is. And half the battle is saying no to imposters so the real thing can win.